Part 35 MERMAID

We are having a long argument with Alex in the hell kitchen.

"Are you blind? Have you seen what she is capable of!" the witcher exclaims with delight. This bastard has already taken a bath. He girlishly smells lavender, and he covered his hips with an ash green towel.  It's just pathetic: he should show off all his muscles, parading around for Juni, not for me.

"I'm telling you for the hundredth time that this is a coincidence!" I really want to pull the towel off him and spank him with it!

"Wow! It's kind of a funny coincidence, no?" Alex easily dodges my sharp elbow. "She just controlled them like her puppets! A real mommy. We need to prepare for the evening meeting!" The blond rubs his hands.

"That's out of the question! We have to hide her away until everything settles down!"

Alex erupts with laughter, "And where are you going to hide her? Buy her a scuba gear and drag the poor thing to the bottom of the pond? And how long should she sit there? Probably when her immortal Children die of old age?"

Damn Alex is right. The only place to hide from the Children is water. Marina doesn't even know how to swim... Where is Vera when she is so needed!

Alex opens one of the drawers and takes out a velvet bag, "Look here." He dumps a handful of purple crystals onto the kitchen island. "With their help, my beautiful Doris, we will lure the Children into a trap. And your girlfriend will politely ask them to be obedient, since it so happens that they obey her."

"Why do you need them at all? What the hell do you do with these things, anyway?"

"Turn on your brain!" He tosses the crystals into a saucepan. It looks like an absolutely normal human saucepan, but it can't be normal in the witch's kitchen.  The liquid in it turns into purple colour too, and the bubbles fly out in thick balls freezing in the air as if someone has just stopped time over a saucepan. "How long will you be able to hide your relationship with Marina from the Creature Committee? With your short temper and mermaid's kinks, I don't think it will last long, and as long as you're with her, they'll follow you. You need more powerful methods to protect your relationship."

"I won't use Marina! These Children are dangerous," I argue.

"They are only dangerous for you, mermaid, not for her!" The blond rubs his temples, "I'm getting migraines from your stubbornness. Oh, by the way, can you hear with your ammonite ears if Vera has already finished fucking the dryad. I need her help with the crystals."

I can no longer listen to his nonsense: turning into a human in a quick wave, I head back to our room. Marina were left there to rest a little.

***

"Marina?" I'm calling her in a barely audible voice when quietly creeping into the bedroom. I hope she is asleep, but to my horror I discover that there is no one in the room.

Her absence overtook me with terrible fear. Was she really so scared to rush away from us creatures to her red-haired asshole? It will be a disaster, since he doesn't remember anything about our adventures on the island and in the lighthouse.

Where could she go? It's very early now.  There's got to be some place she'd go. Parents? It's so dangerous for her to be alone now!

I found her sitting on the same bench that I sat just before heading into the dryads' gigantic forest. There is no more mist. The weather, as it always happens after the mist, has changed. The air feels warm like in late summer. As if nature decides to come to life again, albeit not for long.

"Marina!" I squat down in front of her grabbing her hands, "Why did you leave without warning! I was so worried about you!" I kiss her hands, her gentle fingers, and palms.

She says nothing. I put my head in her lap, and she gently strokes my hair.

"I had to think about everything."

I raise my head seeing that Marina is looking thoughtfully at the barely lightening sky in the east. Her blue eyes seem pensive and sad. Marina's silence frightens me. If she says she no longer wants to deal with creatures, my new life, which began the second I saw her next to my pond, will end. The heart is beating fast. I squeeze her hand.

"I will be with you no matter what happens. I will protect you; I will be the one you want to see me..." I say with fervor, looking into her face.

"What are you talking about?" She takes my face in her palms.

"I thought you'd want to leave after everything that has happened today," I answer sincerely.

Marina smiles at me affectionately, "I will never leave you, Doris. I decided to sit outside, because I don't feel tired," she mutters in surprise.

"It's just stress," I say efficiently. "You will be very sleepy soon."

"No," she is tossing her head. "You know, I've really been seriously talking about it! It's very strange. And you know what else is funny? I see perfectly well without my glasses! Can you imagine? As if I had an operation on my eyes." Marina run her hand over my cheek, laying her thumb on my lip, "Do you think something is happening to me? This child really considered me his mother. It's strange, you know, but for a second it seemed to me that he was really my son!"

"We'll figure this out. When they come, we will be ready to meet them. If need be, we will neutralize these monsters!"

"I know he did a terrible thing with the dryad, but he didn't seem like a monster to me. The boy acted like a wild beast to protect himself," says my human, looking at the brightening sky.

"You may be right," I agree with her in a shaky voice. I don't want to admit who she really is.

"They'll come tonight, and I'll ask them about everything. I have some money," she says in a timid voice. "I'll ask Vera to lend me her kitchen. I want to buy some foodstuffs. Do you think they'll like my apple pie and ice cream?" Marina asks naively.

"I think they'll eat whatever you give them," I say with a sad grin. "Marina, I don't want to scare you, but the boy you have seen today is considered a creepy creature. He is much more terrible than any evil spirit. The wild talp you saw at the pond is just a puppy compared to the Children."

"I'm not afraid of these children, Doris."  Marina put her hands on my shoulders. "Look, okay, I'm telling you the truth. I'm scared to be alone. I'm scared that something might happen to you, but for the first time in my life I'm not afraid of the spirits who scares cool creature guys. I know how strong and independent you are, but I really want you to be able to relax with me and not be afraid of anything," says my human.

"Marina, I," I don't know what to say, I have no words at all.

"Don't be afraid. Everything will be fine. These children will not touch you. I promise!" she speaks so confidently that I believe her unconditionally.

I feel such warmth and tenderness inside me, but most importantly, I feel how much I love her. My lips reach for hers. I seem to dissolve in her softness. There is only Marina in the whole world.

I slowly get up, kissing her face from time to time. She lifts her head slightly tilting her chin. I'm picking her up. Marina is not scared or surprised. The girl is gently wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Let's go to bed," she says in a confident voice.

"I thought you didn't want to sleep."

"You're right, I don't want to sleep at all," Marina giggles. "But you still have to carry me to bed."

"Yes, Ma'am."