1.2 Ruined It

-Zoe's Point of View-

I woke up the next morning to my alarm ringing loudly, the noise made my head throb.

"Alana?" I ask turning my alarm off and crawling out of bed, when I walked into the living room I was shocked. The 4 boys were asleep on the floor and the wall had a splash stain on it.

"Luke?" I whisper shaking him awake, he opens his eyes and looks at me with a small smile.

"You okay?"

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?" He asks.

"I just remember opening the envelope. Oh." I answer everything coming back to me. The song, the vodka bottle, the crying, the shouting.

"Is your head okay?" He asks getting up slowly, careful to not nudge Calum.

"It's hurting."

"Do you not have anything for it?"

"Alana used the last of it for her head." I tell him, he nods and grabs his shoes.

"The boys and I have some in our apartment, let's go get some." He says pushing me lightly towards the door. I nod and we walk down the staircase together to his apartment.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"No."

"You can't take medicine without eating." He said, I sigh and look at him.

"Who told you that?"

"My mum."

"I've never been told that."

"It helps it work faster." Luke tells me.

"How?"

"Science." He says.

"Say no more, just let me have like a cereal bar or something." I say standing up, he walks over with a bar, a cup of tea and some paracetamol.

"I was one step ahead of you." He laughs handing me everything.

"Thank you." I say.

"What for?"

"Everything. Last night, I remember what you were saying." I say biting into the ceral bar.

"Oh." He blushes.

"It was nice, you didn't have to."

"I just wanted you to understand that people feel that way sometimes."

"What? People throw vodka bottles at the wall?" I laugh.

"My brother did once."

"Are you sure it's not just because it was cheap vodka?" I joke, he laughs and shakes his head.

"No I'm sure, he was drunk and I said something he didn't want to hear and he threw it at the wall." He says laughing dryly.

"Drunk people do stupid shit." I say sipping my tea.

"You mean like you sleeping with Calum?" He asks. I choke on the tea and cough loudly.

"Sorry, what?" I ask looking at him, he smiles weakly and looks at his hands.

"I saw you, creeping out his window."

"How?"

"I was just coming back from the store and I saw you." He says.

"You didn't say anything."

"I figured that you didn't want anyone to know, let alone me."

"Calum said you hardly spoke to him and you just kept asking who he slept with."

"I wanted him to tell me." He says.

"Luke-."

"No I get it, if you want to be with Calum you should. He does Creative Writing with you so you two can help each other and stuff."

"Luke, I don't want to be with Calum." I sigh.

"You don't?"

"No, I want to be with you." I say, he looks at me shocked.

"Don't act so fucking surprised."

"I'm sorry, I just never thought that you would." He trails off.

"Okay Luke let's move on." I say picking my tea up again and ignoring the heaviness in my chest.

"No! No, I er, I like you too. I just didn't think you'd like me back." He says, I look at him and nod.

"Sorry for being a bitch when I first met you."

"It's okay." He mumbles, I look at the tea and put it on the coffee table.

"I have to go." I say standing up.

"What? Why?"

"I just got to go."

"Oh okay."

"Thanks for the paracetamol and the tea, and the cereal bar." I mutter walking to the door.

"Anytime."

"I'll see you later or something."

"Okay." He mutters looking at his feet.

"Bye Luke."

"Bye Zoe."

"Bye." I say quickly before running back up the stairs, into my apartment, and into my room slamming the door shut behind me.

I ruined it.