1.1 Songs

-Alana's Point of View-

I glare at my food as I try to pick it up with my chopsticks. Everyone was laughing at me because of my determination to pick up the fucking prawn with the chopsticks.

"Give up Al." Ashton laughs.

"Al?" Michael asks raising an eyebrow.

"Alana." Ashton corrects, I laugh and grab the prawn before putting it in my mouth and celebrating.

"I did it!" I shout.

"Your mouth is full! Didn't your mother teach you manners?!" Calum shouts covering his face, my face falls and I try to hide my pain.

"Cal, no." Luke says.

"What?"

"My mum left Zoe and I when we were 8." I say swallowing the prawn.

"Oh shit, Alana I'm sorry." Calum apologises.

"It's fine! You didn't know." I laugh. It falls silent before I eventually break the ice.

"I bet I can pick up a grain of rice with the chopsticks." I say.

"I bet you can't!" Aurora shouts.

"Let's see." I giggle concentrating on a single grain. Just when I picked it up and had it near my mouth music blared from our apartment upstairs.

"Shit!" Luke shouts shocked. I laugh before stopping short, this song.

"I got to go!" I shout jumping up and running towards the door.

"Why?" Ashton asks jumping out of his seat.

"If it's Zoe up there then it's not good. If something bad happens then she blares music, gets drunk and sings along till the pain goes away." I answer quickly.

"Let's go." Aurora says jumping up and following me up the stairs. When I open the door I see Zoe jumping around our apartment with a bottle of vodka in her hand as she screamed along to the words.

"Zoe!" I shout. The boys run behind us and watch as Zoe spins around on her feet singing along.

"ZOE!" I scream running over to her, she looks at me and smiles.

"Hi Lana!" She shouts in my face.

"What's wrong?"

"Why would something be wrong?"

"Because you're drinking on a Sunday night!"

"I'm just having fun!" She shouts happily running away from me.

"Zoe! You're not having fun, what's going on?!" I shout at her, she turns to look at me and I see the darkness in her eyes.

"I came back from my night out to see a nice looking envelope in our mail box Lana. So I walk over and take it out to read it, here's what it said: Dear Zoe and Alana Page, you are cordially invited to the marriage of Lily-Ann Kale and Edward Fort." Zoe says. My face falls blank.

"That's right Ally, my darling! Dear Mummy remembers who we are! She wants us to go to her wedding to another man! 10 years and she wants us to see her GET MARRIED TO ANOTHER FUCKING MAN!" Zoe screams throwing the vodka bottle at the wall, it smashes loudly but I'm too paralysed to move. Luke runs over to Zoe and pulls her away from the glass and the vodka on the floor.

"Alana?" Ashton asks shaking my shoulders, I don't respond for a while and soon everything goes quiet. Aurora has turned off the music and the boys have started to pick up the glass on the floor while Luke tries to calm Zoe down.

"Alana? Are you okay?" Ashton whispers cupping my face in his hands.

"Yeah." I answer lifelessly.

"You're as still as a statue Al."

"Sorry."

"Zoe?" Ashton asks turning to look at her.

"Ally, it's okay." Zoe whispers. I turn to look at her and I see her with small tears in her eyes.

"Why does she do this?" I whisper before breaking down into tears. Ashton pulls me into a hug and rocks me back and forth as I cry like a baby. Luke cups Zoe's face and whispers things to her to calm her down and try to sober her up a bit.

"I'll make some coffee." Aurora says standing up and putting the coffee maker on. I sniffle loudly and crawl over to Zoe, who was still taking in everything Luke was saying.

"Zoe, Zo. It's fine. We're not going, if she wants to see us again she can do it properly. She's just showing off how happy she is and it's pathetic. She's pathetic." I snap.

"Al." Zoe says with a crook and tears running down her face, Luke tries his best to wipe them away but too many were falling.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I-I love you." She says.

"I love you too."

"Promise me something." She says grabbing my hand.

"Anything."

"You won't leave me."

"I promise."

"You double promise?"

"I triple promise." I say squeezing her hand.

"I'm sorry about the wall, and the vodka bottle." She whispers. Aurora pats my shoulder and hands me a cup of coffee to give it to her.

"It's fine." I say handing it to Zoe.

"I just got so worked up."

"I know you did."

"I hate her."

"I hate her too." I say smiling at her.

"I don't say this enough but you're my rock."

"You're my rock." I smile. She snorts and laugs.

"I wish I was your rock, I just try to look hard by acting all sarcastic and angry."

"That's what I like about you."

"YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO DANCE!" She screams. We all laugh as she takes another sip of coffee.

"This coffee tastes like cat piss." Zoe says.

"How would you know?" Aurora asks.

"When you're drunk, you'll drink anything." She giggles.

"Ugh." We all complain as she laughs loudly.

"That was a joke!" She laughs.