Chapter One: The Awakening

Drip

Drip

Drip

I watched the droplets splash down from the leaky pipes into an icy puddle on top of the now mouldy soft, pillow-like things which made up the walls of my cell, I heard a soft squeaking and watched as a rat scurry over my broken straight jacket which lay across the room from me. Just a few more steps.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Waiting.

Quickly I launched myself across the room, hand outstretched as I reached for the rat. I grasped it tightly and pulled it close to my chest, almost immediately plunging my teeth into its fur and flesh and devouring it, it's warm blood trickling part my lips as I ate. Fuck, I was starving. I soon discarded the rat carcass somewhere in the room and curled up in on myself and closed my eyes. Sleep came swiftly once you had lost all hope.
It was the dreams that hurt the most.

Behind my eyelids I could still see the diner. I could hear the Bowie song that he requested to Doctor Death Defying almost everyday. I could smell the acrylic paints I had found for him as he used them to create worlds with his hands. I could see his red hair tied back in that in that messy bun. A few hairs always managed to escape it. It gave me an excuse to push them away from his beautiful face and run my hand through his hair to make him blush. It gave me an excuse to just stare at his face.
Our fearless leader.
My beautiful boyfriend.
Party Poison.
Gerard Arthur Way.
He still haunted my dreams. I sometimes had good ones now, deep, contented memories pulled up by a numbingly bored brain but sometimes, on those occasions I would get the nightmares.
I would see the gun to his head.
I'd see the tears in his eyes.
I'd watch him die.
Then I'd be forced to see him as they created him. An empty shell I desperately tried to crack. The scars, the piercing black eyes.
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
I could have saved him but I didn't. I failed him. I failed in the one thing that had mattered. But it's okay.
Now I will rot. I am rotting. I have rotted.
Rotted and forgotten about by BLI. Just another piece of the furniture. Another brick in the wall.
A ghost in the snow, as he would say.
God I missed him.
I can here another squeak. Another damned rat has gotten in. I'll wait, I'll stay still, I'll make it think that it's not in danger. Then when the time is right I'll strike. I'll survive and I'll stay alive because that's all I can do now. I can stay alive.

The elevator down to the basement was old and with every bad noise it made I was driven closer to a panic attack "Breathe Michael, breathe." I told myself in my head. I clutched my inhaler in a death grip as I raised it to my lips and took another puff. The elevator dinged. I stepped out. The doors slid shut. I was alone. I looked down at the case file gripped in my other hand. The case file on the Man in The Basement. The man whom which I had never met and her he had haunted my dreams every night for the past three months. I didn't know he was real, I just thought he was some demon my mind had created, along side the red head with no face and Ray however I knew Ray, Ray was a guard who worked on the barracks. I'd seen him before, it made sense for his face to appear in my dreams but the other two? It was illogical. However, I had been filing, y'know, to relax, when I stumbled across this folder with a picture of a black haired man I'd been seeing in my dreams so like any logical being I followed it up and now I was here in the damp basement corridor. I gulped and walked closer and closer to the metal door in front of me. The yellow lights flickered and I got closer and closer until I was in front of it. I lifted a shaky hand and wiped away the condensation on the circular mirror and peered in.
The room was empty.
I looked around in confusion.
He jumped up, his face suddenly appearing up close to mine. I screamed and leapt backwards in shock and he laughed and watched me from behind the door. When he was done laughing he just smirked and watched me playfully, then I saw something click in his brain.
The smirk disappeared from his face.
"Mikey." He said my name, his voice sounding like sandpaper, it was muffled by the door. His knowledge of my name made me feel like someone had ice water over my whole body and I stared at him in shock "H-how do you know my name?" I asked, my voice coming out fearful and small. He smiled slightly again. "Open the door and I'll tell you." He said "Open the door and I can tell you about the blackouts, the memory loss, the dreams." He smirked. He knew everything. How?
I needed to know.
I have no choice.
I grabbed the Every Key out my pocket. I entered the pin and turned the key.
The door groaned as it opened.
Now everything was bathed in red lights as piercing sirens began to scream and the man grabbed me by the wrist "Now we run." The black haired stranger said so I did.
I ran.

A/N It's been awhile.