Chater 28: Cato

"What did they do to you?" I ask carefully. Clove looks so at peace but I need to know. She looks at me nervously and slightly shocked. "I mean in the Capitol" I add carefully. She looks numb, like someone has a gun to her head. She shakes her head vigorously and I hold her close. I fee her warm tears on my shirt and breathe in loudly.

"You want to talk in private?" I ask still holding her very tightly but also careful not to hurt her. What did they do to her? I ask myself angrily. 'I am getting my revenge the next time I'm in the Capitol, no matter what the price. For Clove I would do anything'. She stands up and sniffles the remainder of her tears. I smile weakly at her and she grabs Dagger. 

"You good girl, just waiting there. So patient" she says playfully. Dagger wags her tail wildly and gives me an evil glare. I poke my tongue out and she looks away annoyed, I think?

"Let's go back to my room and you can tell me if you want" I say calmly. She nods and the guards lead us back into the compound. They leave us and we walk slowly to my room.  She leads Dagger into the room and she unhappily jumps on my bed. Great, more dog hair in my mouth when I sleep. 

"Are you going to tell me? I'm not making you , I just feel like I should know" I say sweetly. She smiles weakly and lays on the bed, I lay next to her and stroke her soft hair. She looks up at me and away quickly. 

"They raped me" she starts to say "They burned me and shocked me when I wouldn't "cooperate". They starved me, like the starved you" she says crying. I hold her close and her tears stop. I still hold her close and she struggles out of my grasp.

"Where did they burn you?" I ask carefully but slightly sternly. She sits up and looks at her reflection in the mirror. She points to her chest, her stomach and her legs.

'How have I never seen these?' I ask myself 'Was she embarrassed?' I ask myself slightly disappointed. She looks away and stifles a few tears. I hold her hand tightly and she smiles sadly up to me. I smile weakly hoping I'm hiding my rage well enough.

"Can I see?" I ask cautiously. She nods slowly and I help her take of her jumpsuit.  She looks shyly at the ground and I gently place my hand on her shoulders. I look at her stomach and slowly up to her chest. She doesn't dare look up at me and I start to feel hurt. Her stomach now sports a long burn down from her breasts to her belly button. It looks intricut, beautiful. I know that the way she got it isn't beautiful though. She has a small design, a scar on her neck. All over her body are ash marks, scars and burns. I look carefully at her breasts and inspect the bruises and burns. I hold her tightly and feel the anger boil inside of me.

"Are you okay?" she asks scared and shyly. I nod and hold her closer, not even bothered by her being half-naked. She smiles up at me and we sit on her bed. I help her back into her standard jumpsuit.

"Clove, I have one more request" I say carefully looking her in the eyes "Can you tell me anything about the people who did this to you?" she nods and thinks bitterly of them.

"They were all older than me and you and some older than Boggs" she says, in pure disgust, I nod and try to list these facts in my mind. "The worst was brunette with brown eyes, she says shuttering but quickly hiding it. She continues to think and shrugs. I nod and mentally write down the full list.

"I swear I will get revenge for you" I say angrily but holding her carefully. She frowns up at me.

"I will be the one to make them suffer" she says with surprising evil tones. She smirks and lays her head on my chest. I stroke her back and feel her scar from a while ago. We end up falling asleep and I dream of getting revenge for Clove. The sweet feeling of killing her worst nightmares.