9.0

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

Tsukkishima read every bit of the letter, and finally finishing it with her signed name at the end. The paper was holding crumpled as his grip tightened.

"Tsukkishima?" Minaki worriedly asked as he didn't speak anything while reading (Y/N)'s later.

"Where's (Y/N)?" A rush of panic waved over him as he asked Minaki (Y/N)'s location.

"She's probably going to her classes, but we could wait for her later, we're at the same place anyway," Minaki assured him, but he wasn't that assured.

"Relax Kei, (Y/N)'s not going anywhere just yet. She's still studying remember? We can catch up with her later, for now, go back to class." Minaki said as she slightly pushed Tsukkishima for him to start heading to his class. He wasn't relaxing at all.

Can he truly catch (Y/N) again? Can they revive the past? He held the scarf and picture frame tightly to his chest as he went to his locker.

His thoughts wandered around. What would he say when he sees her? What would he do? Can he find (Y/N)? Can he stop her from leaving?

Suddenly, shivers went down his spine as he felt uneasy. Something's not right.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Tsukkishima? What, what are you wearing?" The people of Class 2-4 stared at the boy who just entered after lunchtime. Everyone's attention was caught as something from the boy's head sticks out. It was a black cat ear headband, with tons of glitter in it. It was definitely something he would never wear on a daily basis.

He didn't answer as he rolled his eyes, removing the headband, and continued walking inside as if no one was watching him. After a few seconds, the class was greeted by a giggling (Y/N) who also entered, she was also wearing a cat ear headband.

The class then had a vague idea about what happened, of course (Y/N) was the only one who could do that to Kei. They shrugged their shoulders and continued their daily lives.

"Can you stop laughing?" An annoyed Tsukkishima clicked his tongue at the (h/c)-haired girl. (Y/N) bit her lower lip as she tried to stop giggling.

"I can't, you were so cute in those photos, I am definitely printing it out." (Y/N) said as she was showing him the pictures that she has gotten during lunch break.

"I am not cute," Tsukkishima argued as he settled down on his seat next to (Y/N).

"Yeah you're not, you're a salty dinosaur." (Y/N) teased furthermore. "But still love you though."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"Heyyyy! Let's go!!!" (Y/N) said as he tried to pull him to another stall but he refused. It was their first date together. With (Y/N) taking the initiative of course.

"C'mon Kei!!!! I want cotton candy!!" (Y/N) whined as she used both her hands to pull his hand but the blonde was just too strong.

"What? Are you gonna be a statue there? Uhhh, we're here at an amusement park you know? And this thing you're doing—" Tsukkishima pulled her towards him, (Y/N) was caught off guard when he locked (Y/N)'s body with his arm.

"K-Kei?" (Y/N) gulped, her heart wildly beating as she looked at her chest. She can feel his breath above her head. She was internally panicking as he was too close to him.

"Shhh, they're watching us," Tsukkishima said as he hushed (Y/N). (Y/N) tried to look around to whom Tsukkishima was talking about. There she spotted a certain tangerine head and blueberry head, along with green hair and yellow hair, there was also the bald one and the black one.

"The guys?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "You just noticed it now? I mean, how come? They're loud, I heard them immediately with all of their screams."

"Because you're also loud, you caught my whole attention."
"Wait, what? Can you repeat that?"
"Tch."

(Y/N) laughed at her annoyed boyfriend. "Maybe we should go and say hi to them. Let's tell them we know. And maybe then they'll leave us alone."

"They should, 'cause you're mine." He then sealed it with a kiss on the lips.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The (h/c)-haired girl pushed the doors towards the gymnasium. She had a bad day, she just wanted to get over with it already. She noticed that the lights were off, strange. She narrowed her eyes to see anything more suspicious. That's when she heard footsteps not far from her.

"Who's there?" She asked as panic slowly crept in her mind. Three, two, one, the lights then turned back on. A loud pop was heard as she heard shouting.

"Happy Birthday (Y/N)!" Everyone in the club greeted her as they threw bits of colored paper around to be improvised confetti. She sighed in relief that it wasn't some sort of burglar. She laughed as she saw the group laughing. Hinata was holding the cake, Yamaguchi and Kageyama holding a banner, Hitoka was holding some balloons, and their Kouhais throwing the confetti.

Everyone already greeted her that afternoon so she never expected a surprise like this.
Well everyone except a certain person. (Y/N) was still a bit sad about that. She pouted at the thought.

"Ehem." Someone cleared her throat, (Y/N)

"Go Tsukki!" The gang teased as (Y/N) turned around to meet his gaze.

"Happy Birthday, (Y/N)." He said as he looks away, heat rushing to his cheeks as he uttered those words. (Y/N)'s lips curved into a smile as she heard those simple words.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Tsukkishima was restless as he wanted to finish class so soon. Right when the professor dismissed them, he rushed through the door. Usually, he would let others go first, and he would wait and let the crowd calm down, but this time it was different. He met up with Minaki with Yamaguchi joining them as he was concerned. They went to (Y/N)'s university.

After a few minutes of searching, they decided to split up. Minaki was going back to her unit to see if (Y/N) was home, and Tsukkishima and Yamaguchi decided on checking with Hitoka's unit, (Y/N)'s best friend. Though they didn't spot this certain (h/c)-haired girl, they did spot her best friend.

Tsukkishima runs up to Hitoka who was quietly walking towards her building. "Yachi-san!" He shouted as he called for the girl, who turned around to see the two running towards her.

"Tsukkishima? Yamaguchi?" She questioned as she stopped walking and waited for them to caught up to her.

"Yachi-san, do you know where (Y/N) is?" The girl was surprised by the sudden outburst but managed to reply.

She raised an eyebrow at the two who were waiting for her answer. "Didn't you guys know?"

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The (h/c)-haired girl inhaled the fresh air as the wind blew her hair to the sides. She held her jacket tightly as she felt cold with the breeze. She buried her face on the scarf as she smiled softly.

She looked at the night sky, the stars were seen since there is not much building around. The moon shines bright, the stars twinkled. She heard the cricket chirping since it's not that noisy. The people with her looked around as they started going into a certain direction, (Y/N) decided to wait for the crowd to die before following.

"(Y/N)!" (Friend) greeted her. (Y/N) laughed as her friend made her a welcome home card. Though it was just a huge paper with a marker, she appreciated the effort.

"Thanks, (Friend)."

"Anytime."

(Y/N) brought out her phone, type a text, send it, and place her phone back in her jacket. "Let's go?" She smiled at (Friend).

To: Hitoka Yachi
From: (Y/N) (L/N)

Just arrived at (home country).

Message Sent!

 ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆