16. Unicorn Blood

Fifteen minutes later somebody knocks on my door and I hear a laugh outside. I finish up a last stroke of nude lipstick and the knock comes again. I walk up to the door, pulling it open.

"Patience, men." I grin stepping out.

"Stunning." Nate says taking in my outfit. I bow down in thanks laughing.

I'm wearing a snug-fit black t-shirt, Herondale's 'H' printed in bold in the front, pairing it with waist high denim complete with thigh high black boots. I've straightened my brown hair and tied it in a neat high ponytail. I call it a serial-killer look and adore it.

Zed stares down at my body and doesn't even tries to be subtle about it, or he just can't cloak his expressions, I don't know which. Finally his eyes locks mine and I roll my eyes at him. He smirks.

"Guess it's not a skirt day." He mutters. Nate looks between us.

"I don't take orders." I glare at him. "Specially not from self-declared Princes." I say turning away to walk off. They follow.

"She doesn't spare anybody, mate." Nate's saying to Zed. "Ya, and I'm just so special." Zed replies. I laugh innerwardly walking down to Tessa's room, just then Hardin walks out.

"You're in a habit of coming out of Tessa's room." I comment. He looks totally annoyed, more than ever, but I don't think it's just because of me. His eyes go over to Zed.

"What are you doing here?" Hardin asks rudely. Zed smirks. "I can ask the same thing." Boys stare at each other for a while and I roll my eyes stepping in the room.

"Tessa?" She's sitting on his bed looking like she's been jogging. Her face is red and she's looks at me horrified.

"God, what's that look?" I frown at her and for the first time notice Steph leaning at her dresser. I don't bother greeting her.

"No-nothing." Tessa says smoothening her hair. "Are you going somewhere?" She asks taking in my outfit. I hear the boys filling the room behind me.

"We're going to a party at a club and you're coming with us." I say grinning. She gives me a disbelieved look.

"You're going to a club!" She yells/whisper. I cross my arms and nod in a yes. "Last time I offered you too, remember?" I remind her.

"Can't she come with us, Nate?" I ask turning to look at him and he nods instantly. "Yeah, come on, Tessa."

"Uh, don't force her if she doesn't wanna..." Zed trails off. He has his hands in jeans pocket and is looking at Tessa cautiously.

"Which bar? I gotta go there too, sounds fun!" Steph chirrups before Tessa could say anything. Hell no.

"Ariadne. Sorry, not invited, Steph." Nate winks at her and I can't stop my smirk. Steph huffs and sits down on her bed looking irritated. "Why can't I go if Tessa could?" She asks. I roll my eyes.

"Guess you've to find out yourself." I say sarcastically and she gives me a not-too-friendly look. Not a care.

"I can't go to a club, Aria. This is outrageous." Tessa whispers to me ignoring everyone.

"Why not? Have you ever been to a club ? Its fun!" I say but she shakes her decidedly in a no.

"Alright." I say rolling my eyes. I really wanted her to come with us, she definitely deserves to go out rather than being locked up in her room with this clown all day.

We three walk out of the door and Tessa follows.

"Are you sure she can't go?" She asks kindly looking from Steph to Nate. Why she has to be sweet to everyone is beyond me.