12. Cigarettes And Berries

"Zed?"

I grin at him but he's busy glaring at the the creeps in front of him.

"Leave. Now." Zed states, his tone cold and threatening. "Back off, kid." Creep 1 says and laughs. Zed makes a bored face and steps forward.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you." He grabs the guy by his shoulder and punches him in the ribs.

"Whoa, Evans-" I exclaim.

The guy yells and falls down on his knees. Creep-2 backs away horrified and hurries away to whatever bin he came from. The bartender watches in shock. I'm thankful for the loud music.

As for Zed, he looks chilled as ever. Not even a frown. He adjusts his jacket collar, takes out a cigarette and lights it. His eyes flutters over to me.

"You alright?" He asks tilting his head. That was hot.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, dummy. I'm not the one punching guys in their ribs." The corners of his mouth lift up.

"You asshole..." The creep groans. I forgot he's still lying there.

"Walk out while you're still breathing." Zed glares down at the creep and he stands up and drags himself away. Zed smirks at me and walks closer.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Aria." He says and leans on the counter beside me. His deep musky cologne fills my senses.

"Ditto. I'm here with Nate." I tell him.

"Mmm-hm."

"So you know Enzo?" I ask already knowing the answer. I'm just making small talks with this hot guy here.

"Ya." He says. "And how's he gonna take it that you beat a guy on his bar's opening?" I laugh. Zed smiles looking at me.

"He'll be proud of me. Glad that it'll lead to his club's popularity." I giggle and a hiccup leaves my mouth.

"Wasted already?" He smirks. I roll my eyes. "Why aren't you?" I mock.

"I prefer to be sober." He says and I notice the way his lips pout naturally while he speaks. They are so pink I wonder what they must taste like. Cigarettes and berries?

He catches me staring before I could look away. I feel him checking me out from head to toe, his eyes hooded. I know I should feel offended but strangely, I don't. Suddenly, I don't feel like making just small talks with this guy.

"Come on, dance with me." I ask giving out my hand. Zed tilts his head back a little which is always does when he's thinking upon something. Then he smiles and takes my hand. It's warm makes me feel tingly. I'm really drunk.

We hit the floor and his hands automatically find their way to my waist. I throw my arms around his shoulders. His black hair shines under the light and falls around his face makes him even sexier.

His metal studded jacket makes him look glittery under these lights, I find it cool.

"Like what you see?" He whispers and despite the loud music I hear him clearly. I roll my eyes. "You could do better."

Zed laughs. It's a hearty laugh. "Well, I like what I see." He says pulling me closer, his grip tightening over my waist. My breathing quickens. We aren't dancing anymore.

"Zed..." I whisper trying to read his eyes but he's looking down at my lips, his lashes almost touching his cheeks. I want to touch them.

"You stir something in me, Aria." He says frowning. I want to comeback with something sarcastic but can't think of anything. Can you blame me?