Jealous

The valley parking guy brought back his car to the bar's door, Spencer opened the passenger door for her and then he put their paintings on the backseat, he got in and drove to the restaurant.

When they arrived he parked the car and went to open the door for her. She liked his chivalry and when he offered his arm for her to hold it.

She had to admit this was the first guy who did this to her, at least this much. They walked in and the waiter led them to a table next to an elderly couple.

The restaurant was Italian so they both picked a plate of pasta, Spencer wanted the bologna sauce and Max ordered the carbonara sauce.

While they waited they talked and laughed softly. Then the food arrived and both eat. They were starving so there was not a pause to talk very much.

He asked her if she wanted a dessert but she was full. Maybe a takeaway one could be better, then while he headed to pay Max walked to the bathroom.

In there was the elderly woman washing her hands. Max did the same and refreshed some of her makeup.

The woman next to her sighed "fifty wedding anniversary, can you believe it?" Said her looking in the mirror.

"That's pretty impressive. My longest relationship was 2 years" said Max looking at her.

"And how long have you been with that handsome man you were with at the table?"

"Oh Spencer and I aren't a couple. We are taking things slowly"

"I see... but be careful honey. He is very handsome and if you don't catch him with both hands firmly, you may lose him" said the woman looking at her "and I know you like him a lot, I can see it in your eyes" she blushed softly looking down.

"Ok thank you for your advice" the woman smiled and leave her thinking.

Meanwhile Spencer was paying when the elderly man arrived and stood next to him "today I celebrated my fifty wedding anniversary"

"Congratulations sir, I hope I would be that lucky to expend my life with someone that long"

"I'm sure your girlfriend will be that person"

"Oh no... s...she isn't my girlfriend, she want us to take this slowly, I understand that past experiences may make people reject a new one because they don't want to screw it up"

"Oh boy, I know you don't ask it but I will give you an advice. You need to make the bold move to ask her to be your girlfriend. She is beautiful and you don't know if, by taking things slowly, you ended up losing her for someone bolder"

Spencer looked at the man and nodded "thank you sir, I will think about it" the elderly man nodded and smiled then his wife walked by and kissed his cheek softly.

"Haven't you pay yet?"

"No the young man just finished" he said while Spencer got back his card from the cashier "good night boy"

"Good night sir, ma'am" he looked at the woman and she smiled.

Then he walked away to wait for Max, he was thinking about what the man said to him. He was right about it, but he was also worried that Max will get upset about it.

When she arrived they both headed to his car. Neither of them mentioned the elderly couple's words for them. Max asked him to take her back to her apartment so she could study a little then went to sleep.

He did as she told him and when they arrived to her place he stopped in front of it.

"Max" he said turning off the car and⁸ like to keep the painting I made" he looked at her.