Celebrations and Disasters

I sat beside Bella's sleeping figure and watched her sleep peacefully. It was the day that we set as her birthday and I couldn't believe that it's been six months since she came into our lives. A lot of things have happened and a lot of things were still left to be uncovered but we were happy and I didn't want this happiness to end.

A strand of hair strayed in front of her sleeping face and I slowly tucked it away. The movement made her stir and she slowly started to blink.

"Happy birthday... to you" I started to sing softly and she grinned from ear to ear while trying to cover her face with her hands.

"It's not even officially my birthday" She cut off and she snuggled closer.

"You don't know that" I took her hand so that I could see her beautiful face and she was looking at me like I was the only thing that mattered in the world and it made me happy.

I kissed her fingers one by one and I could feel her closing her eyes.

"You know we got a lot of things prepared for you today" I smiled.

"It's a school day remember? I though you're supposed to be at school?" Bella argued.

"Carlisle's already got that covered" I smiled and Bella only raised her eyebrow.

"Can't we just spend the rest of the day here in bed?" She smiled mischievously and I had to grin.

"As much as I would love that, we have a long day ahead of us and Alice would be quite pissed if she won't be able to pull off this party because of us"

"Hmmm I don't mind" Bella raised her head so that her lips would be inches from mine and I closed my eyes to savor the burn of her scent and the nearness of her body.

"We don't want to be in Alice's bad side" I argued meekly.

"One kiss" She asked and the longing in her eyes made me want to stay in Alice's bad side forever.

I pressed my lips softly and she welcomed me gently at first until her lips moved in a way that the monster inside me was fighting to burst. I held the headboard behind her for fear that my strength will get the best of me but my focus went back to her lips on mine and I never wanted this moment to end.

Crack!

The sound of wood breaking behind her brought us back to our senses and we stared at the broken bedframe with a smug look on our faces.

"I'll take care of that after the party."

"Leave it be." Bella finally sat in bed. "I'm gonna take a shower and I'm going to take my time" I laughed at her delaying tactics.

Thirty minutes later, we were walking outside the cottage and in the opposite direction of the main house.

"I thought the party was inside?" She asked

"It is but the party won't be until the afternoon so we have the whole day to ourselves"

"Ow"

I held up my hand for her to take "Would you like to go to our favorite place?" Her face lit up and she nodded happily and took my hand.

"Wait, is this also part of Alice's plan?" She asked suspiciously.

"Of course. You know Alice."

"Well, this plan... I like"

"Good. Now, would you like to take the car to the meadow or would you like me to carry you there?" I asked.

"Hmmm, I do like being carried... but I think I have a better idea" She ran back to the cottage and five minutes later, she was clad in her workout clothes and a backpack in hand and I knew then what she wanted to do.