Trip to Seattle

"Are you sure you don't want to take a nap? We still have an hour's drive before we arrive" I looked at Bella at the front seat who just smiled.

"Don't worry I'm good"

She went back to staring at the window and one of the perks of being alone with Bella and not be able to read her mind, was that I was able to take a break from all the thoughts of every one surrounding us. This allowed me to think peacefully and my mind wandered a few days back when Bella first mentioned that she wanted to become like us. It was something that I have never even thought off when I first realized that I was in love with her.

Even though she eventually let go of the topic, it was pretty clear that she wasn't letting go of the idea. She was more than willing to trade her life for eternal damnation and it was all because of me. It felt like I was taking away all the good things in her life in the expense of my happiness.

"You're brooding again you know that?" Bella broke my train of thought.

"No... I'm just thinking about what we would expect in Seattle" I lied.

"hmmm... I'm not really sure what to expect"

"Why is that?"

"I don't want to get my hopes up but I also want to think that something good would come out of this" We drove in silence for a while before we spoke again.

"Bella?"

"Hmmm?"

"Have you ever thought about what you would find once we find a way to get you back to your world?"

She looked at me thoughtfully before answering.

"I do... all the time. But it's hard when I can't really remember anything. I was hoping that if my memory doesn't return before I find my way back that being there might actually trigger it."

"That would be possible" I agreed.

"But that would only happen IF we do find a way to get to wherever that place is." She sighed.

"Are you really sure that you're willing to share information about yourself to this Dr. Barry Johnson?" I asked her. Prior to our scheduled meeting, Jasper, Bella and I discussed about Dr. Barry Johnson, the man we were going to meet and how much information we were going to share about Bella's situation.

"If it comes to that, then I don't really mind if it's going to help me get some answers as long as he doesn't use that knowledge to become all scientist-turned-villain-out-for-world-domination on us." I chuckled at her description. I was the one who was going to probe his mind on how much we can really trust the guy. Jasper had already mentioned how curious the man was about who we are when he met him years back and Bella was willing to divert that curiosity to herself to keep him from delving further into what we are.

"Besides, if we can really trust him, I feel like it would be an advantage for me if he knew the truth. If I do get my memories back and I would realize I need additional resources to help me get back to my world, he might be able to help us out." I looked at her out of the corner of my eye.

"What?" She asked.

"It's just... how you think... It's not something that an ordinary person would even be able to consider if they were the one that got sucked into a different world where supernatural creatures like vampires exist."

"I thought we've already established that I wasn't ordinary" She smirked and I had to agree.

"Do you think your family is waiting there for you?" I suddenly asked after another moment of silence. Bella raised her knees up to her chest and shook her head.