Chapter 13, Blood Red Paint.

I was sitting in the living room watching Jeff, Jack, Masky and Hoodie gambling, they were ganmbling random things instead of money because no one really had any money right now, Jeff was betting a pair of earbuds he had, Jack was betting a syringe of something, Masky was betting a pack of cigarrettes, and Hoodie was betting a pack of gummy bears.

"Can I ask a question?" I started.

"Hm?" Hoodie replied.

"Where did you even find those gummy bears?" I asked.

He just shrugged.

"Oh, that's real reassuring." Jeff said sarcastically, holding some of his cards out to me.

I silently took them and counted them out, then I put them in the deck before I counted out the same ammount of cards he gave me, I then gave them back to him face down, he silently looked at it.

"Ah yes, the mysterious gummy bears." I said.

Jack started laughing as he pulled two cards out of his hand, he held them out to my and I quickly got him two more cards.

"You know, this game's a lot easier as the dealer." I said jokingly.

"At least there's not a risk of you passing out." Masky said.

"If I try hard enough, there still is." I said.

Masky sighed heavily.

"Anymore exchanges?" I asked, "Or are we ready to continue?"

"I'm ready." Masky said.

"Then on three." Hoodie agreed.

"Okay." I agreed, "One, two, three."

They all quickly laid down their cards, I wasn't paying that much attention honestly, everyone but Hoodie groaned as he cracked up laughing.

"I win!" He threw his arms in the air, "The gummy bears are still mine!"

He began picking up everything off the floor in front of them, I took all the cards back and began putting them back in the deck so Masky could shuffle them again since I really sucked at it, I looked at Hoodie to see he was opening the bag of gummy bears, he pulled one out and held it silently.

"Listen to this." He started.

He pulled his arm back and threw the gummy bear at the wall, it sounded like he just threw a rock.

"I think it's gone bad." He said.

I cracked up laughing immediately, Jeff rolled his eyes, I gave the deck to Masky and he began shuffling it again, I looked at Hoodie to see he was trying to bite a gummy bear in half.

"Jeez, it's like biting into a rock." He pulled it out of his mouth, "Ow."

"If you suck on it for awhile it'll soften." I said.

He looked at me silently before he popped it into his mouth, I rolled my eyes, then I heard the front door open, I looked over to see Ben coming in, he quickly closed the door and looked at us.

"Hide her." He said.

I was immediately grabbed and lifted, I looked to see it was Hoodie who had me, I did my best to keep up with him as he dragged me upstairs and to the bedroom, he dragged me over to the closet and opened the door, he put me inside before he closed it again, I moved around a bit and hit behind some boxes and clothes, I then listened outside, I could hear something happening downstairs, after about fifteen minutes of hiding the bedroom door opened, I jumped when I heard a gunshot, then there was some sort of scuffle, I moved from my hiding place and peeked out of the closet slightly, I could see Bloody Painter and Hoodie wrestling with one another, Hoodie trying to point the gun at him again, I saw Jack come in to try and help him, that's when I noticed something, I could see faint gold strings attached to Helen, I knew I had to do something after that, I opened the closet door and they all looked at me.

"You're literally being controlled, Helen." I said.

Jack and Hoodie seemed horrified that I came out of hiding, Helen stabbed Hoodie in the shoulder before he turned his attention to me.

"I know how you feel." I started, "I've been bullied a lot too, just never for my art, I don't really show it to people."

He continued coming closer, Jack went to attack but I held out my hand, telling him to stop.

"I have anxiety, so I'm a little scared to share my art." I said, "I don't want people to be afraid of me, I don't want to make people sad, I just wanna help."

He was now standing right in front of me, and even though I was pretty scared I stepped forward and hugged him, I could see the gold strings a little better now.

"I want to be your friend, not your enemy." I said, "I want Zalgo to stop."

He wasn't attacking me anymore.

"Um..." I trailed off, "I don't do very well drawing hands..."

I felt him shift slightly.

"I'm a little embarrassed, but every time I draw hands it looks like it's own separate being trying to seperate itself from the creature I've created, but..." I trailed off a bit, "When I'm drawing humans it looks like one of those crawler things from the Alien franchise, which isn't what I'm going for."

I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"It would be nice to have an actual tutor for stuff like that." I said, "Someone I know won't judge my art style."

I heard the knife fall to the ground behind me, Helen's arms wrapped around me finally as he started to sob.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He started to cry, "I didn't mean anything..."

I hugged him tighter.

"It's okay." I rubbed his back, "I forgive you, it wasn't even you in the first place."

I reached up and grabbed the golden strings, I then ripped them off him, causing him to flinch, I watched as the strings disapated from my hands.

"Like I said, you're literally being controlled." I said, "But you don't have to worry about that anymore."

He began falling to the ground, I followed in suit, I continued to sit with him comforting him, I looked up at Jack to see he was now helping Hoodie with his stab wound, Hoodie was staring at me, I just gave a thumbs up, he finally began moving away from me so I looked at his face, he was taking off his mask to wipe his eyes, I took his mask and used my shirt to dry the tears out of it, I offered it back to him and he shyly took it back.

"Okay, you wait here." I said.

I got up and quickly went over to a briefcase next to my bed, I grabbed it and brought it back over to him, I opened it and pulled out a red binder.

"Here's some of my art." I said, "I do really good on bust portraits but not very well on full body stuff, I usually have them hiding their hands for that reason."

I sat scooted to his side and opened it.

"I've gotten a lot better over the years but I still suck on hands." I continued, "See here?"

He was silent as he was staring.

"It really does look like an alien." He muttered.

I cracked up laughing.

"I told you!" I said, "Think you can save this poor sap?"

He looked at me quietly for a moment, then looked away, wiping his eyes.

"I... can try." He replied.

I was quite pleased with myself, now I had a new friend.