Chapter 5. Adjusting.

It was now bed time and I went upstairs to the bed room, I saw Masky making himself a bed on the floor.

"Oh I'm sorry, you can have the bed, I'll sleep on the floor." I said walking over to the bed that had my blankets.

"It's okay, you keep the bed, Slender said he was going to bring up another bed sometime soon." Masky said.

"But-" Masky cut me off.

"Stop complaining and get to bed." Masky said.

"But you-" He cut me off again.

"Bed." He said.

I sat on the bed and gave him a dirty look.

"What?" He asked.

"Stop." I said givin him a pouty lip.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Being so nice, it's scary." I said looking away.

"What do you mean?" Hoodie asked.

"You're trying to get my guard down so you can be evil!" I said still looking away.

"If we wanted to be 'evil' we would have a while ago, we both know you're weak and don't put of much of a fight." Masky started.

I sat quietly.

"Besides, we just could have done it while you were knocked out, we're not going to do anything, we're friends." Masky continued.

"Sure." I said quietly.

"Why are you so bent out of shape?" Masky asked sittin next to me.

"I've never really had reliable friends before, I've never been someone's first priority, I've never been in a relationship, I've always been alone." I said scooting away.

"Oh." Masky said.

"Last time I thought I had a friend they found someone else and ditched me, I haven't seen them since." I started, "Besides, Luke lost all his friends because they were bad to him and complete dicks."

"We're not dicks." Masky said.

"Jack is." I said.

"Well, we've all been through a lot, and quite a few of us lost things close to us." Hoodie said.

"I guess." I said looking down.

"Just go to bed, I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow." Masky said.

He got up and sat on the floor again, I flopped down onto the bed, I curled up in a ball and closed my eyes, but I didn't fall asleep, after a while I opened my eyes and looked around, both Masky and Hoodie were asleep, I sat up and looked at Masky on the floor.

'Is his back still hurt?' I wondered.

I quietly got up and tiptoed over to him, I moved his blanket and looked at his back, I saw the large gashes on his back were now stitched shut, I felt bad and gently set the blanket down, I quietly moved back and sat on the bed.

'He did so much for me, and now I'm making him sleep on the floor.' I thought.

I looked at him, it didn't seem fair, I looked at my blankets, then to Masky, I wasn't going to make him sleep on the floor, I quietly took my blankets off the bed and set them next to it, I made a small bed on the floor and made the actual bed with the extra blankets Slender brought up for me, I then went over to Masky, I shook him slightly.

"Masky." I whispered.

He rolled over and looked at me.

"I'm not going to make you sleep on the floor, you're still hurt." I whispered.