Chapter 8: Anxiety

*Three months later*

The exorcist class was trying to figure out something that they didn't understand about Rin's disappearance. Why? Why would he just up and leave his friends... his brother. But also, where is he now?

They were sitting around a table and talking about possible motives of the Illuminati for taking him when Izumo spoke up, "Guys... we're dumb. Why don't we look up a social media account or something?"

The group all stared at her. "My brother and I have never had anything like that, why would he get one now?" Yukio asked.

"It's worth a shot." Koneko said, turning towards his computer as he started to type the name 'Okumura' into different websites. They weren't expecting to find anything, though something did pop up on instagram. (A/N: I made this up so I don't know if there is an account like this.)

It was an account for a band named 'Desiderium' that operated out of Shibuya City. They seemed like they were upincoming, not super popular but not very obscure either. They started scrolling through the different pictures and videos, mostly them rehearsing and promoting their shows but they stopped when they came across one video. It was a recording of a segment from one of their shows from about a month ago, with the caption, "Yep! It's official!😘🏳️‍🌈."

It showed the singer, the person they assumed to be Rin, singing the cover of a song as he walked through the audience. It was being filmed from on stage by someone with brown hair and a mischievous smirk, they recognized her as the drummer, Erin. Rin walked through the crowd continuing to sing until he reached the middle of the audience along with another boy who was blonde, and they presumed it to be the manager of the band, Mason. (A/N: Would You Come Home by: Tyler Blackburn, WHERE MY FELLOW MALEX SHIPPERS AT! Gotta love those Roswell gays)

"Would you meet me in the middle, Could we both stop keeping score, There's a battle I must fight alone, It's you I'm fighting for, If I call off the battalion, Break my walls down stone by stone, Tear down my defenses, I can build your heart a home, And if I did, Would you come home..." Rin finished singing and lowered his mic. He raised it again and whispered. "Mason Dax... will you officially become my boyfriend?"

Mason smiled wide and nodded his head frantically. Both of them kissed and the audience around them started the cheer along with the rest of the band on stage.

The exorcist watching the video had many different emotions, some were happy, others were confused, some were shocked. "So Rin left... to start a band and get a boyfriend?"

"Not exactly. The girl filming, according to the internet she's a shield agent from Melbourne, Australia." Koneko explained pulling up a shield file. "Shield is an international espionage company. In simple terms, spys, assassins, secret agents."

"Rin looks super different too. Last time I checked that guy was a pipsqueak!" Bon said to no one in particular. Mephisto spoke up to that.

"I believe that... possibly Rin has unlocked his demonic heart."

"What's that mean?" Yukio asked the director.

"It means Kurikara has been broken. Rin Okumura is no longer human in the slightest."

---

"Alright everyone! Curtains draw in 10!" Haruki said to the band. Everyone started to get ready to go on stage when Erin looked through some of the curtains at all of the people in the crowd. She turned back to the group and placed a hand on the wall next to her. Most of the band were already on stage waiting for the curtains to be drawn, though Natsuki noticed that Erin didn't look okay. "Hey. You good?"

"Yeah... yeah, it's just... There's a lot of people, and this is the first time I'm actually going into the field, my anxiety's just a bit high." She said, as they were going on a mission right after the show. Erin slid down the wall and started to breathe a bit heavier.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Everything's going to be fine." Natsuki said, adjusting the strap on her keytar. Though Erin didn't hear her.

"Ralph... I need Ralph here." She said, just barely above a whisper. "I need him."

"What... um, Ralph is back at the apartment with Kuro..." Natsuki's eyes seemed to widen when the realization hit her, "Ralph is a service animal... isn't he."

Erin nodded frantically as her breathing got very erratic and her eyes started to tear up. "Nat, Eri! We gotta get on stage!" Daisuke said to them. Natsuki raised her hand and nodded to her twin brother.

Natsuki removed her keytar and walked slowly over to Erin. She knelt in front of the aussie girl and wrapped her arms around Erin as the girl continued to shake and quietly cry. Natsuki placed her chin on the top of the burnette's head and waited.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's okay, Eri."

After about two minutes of Natsuki whispering to Erin the hacker calmed down and eventually wrapped her arms around the mutant. Erin regained her voice and whispered, "I love you Nat..."

"I love you too, Eri."