How To Be A Heartbreaker

Camila's POV

I watched intently as Dev threw the clothing she disposed when she didn't see something she liked. It was entertaining up until the thought that I'd have to be the one to clean this mess up came about.

She turned to me with her eyebrows knitted together, her arms crossed, letting out a huff.

"What?" I laughed, beginning to pick a few of my clothes up.

"Believe me when I say I love your wardrobe...but I want to see you in something...new." She winked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's just a dinner date, Dev." I reminded her.

"With SHAWN MENDES...you know, the guy you're obsessed with?"

I swatted her with one of my t-shirts, "I am not obsessed," I pouted and now it was her turn to laugh at me as I threw myself onto my bed.

"Fine, whatever...but we're going shopping!" She clapped her hands together before dragging me to sit up right.

I rolled my eyes. She loved shopping and sometimes I thought it was a problem and more often than not, I had to remind her that she had six pairs of the same boots sitting in her closet before picking up another pair to purchase.

"I need to save-"

"I'm buying." She crossed her arms, "don't say no...you can't say no to me." She pouted, bringing out her puppy dog eyes that honestly got me to do anything.

I groaned, "fine."

"Come out now!" Dev squealed, as she waited for me to come out of the fitting area.

"No!" I yelled back, unsure of how I looked in the outfit Dev picked out for me.

She had me in a dress shirt that was tucked into my jeans paired with orange heels to match my orange top that had a deep v-neck cutting down the middle.

I stood in front of her, trying to cover myself up as much as possible.

"It's perfect!" She snapped a picture of me.

"Do I have to remind you that we live in New York?"

She cocked her head sideways, confusion written all over her face.

I chuckled, "it's cold."

"That reminds me," she turns around to her seat and handed me a long black coat, "I think this matches the look."

I had to admit, the coat was warm and matched with honestly, anything.

She cooed at me before adjusting the top I was wearing, "there."

Dev took a step back to examine my full outfit. Her jaw dropped followed by a soft smile.

"Shawn's a lucky man, Camzie." She squeezed me tightly, "now, let's go back to your place to do your hair."

"What's wrong with my hair?"

Her eyes widened and she chuckled softly, "oh, nothing but...I need to put it up for you." I nodded, not wanting to argue. I usually never wore my hair up as I just kept the curls down.

Now, we sat in front of my vanity mirror as Dev abused my face attempting to blend in my foundation, "ow! Be gentle!"

"Oops, sorry."

I had asked for some light makeup which only consisted of light coverage with some highlighter, mascara, and bronzer with a glossy lip.

"You look great, Camzie." She whispered into my ear before dancing along to the song, "How to Be a Heartbreaker" by Marina and The Diamonds.

I turned around in my seat, "we need to find you a boyfriend," I screamed over the music and she came to a halt, stopping the speaker and laughing at my suggestion.

"I'm actually...seeing someone." She hugged herself with her arms, whispering her words.

My eyes widened. How could I not have known this information yet?

"I was going to tell you after your date but I guess now seemed to be a better time."

"What's his name?" I asked, pulling out some baby hairs to the front of my face.

She bit down on her lip and sighed, "it's not a he."

A smile broke out onto my face at the realization. I jumped her, hugging her tightly.

"That's so amazing, what's her name?"

"Her name is Hailee...she's an intern at the hospital Shawn works at," she confirmed, leaning her head onto my shoulder.

"Wait, Steinfeld, right?"

She cocked her head up, "yeah...how'd you know?" She asked in disbelief.

"She scrubbed in on Annabelle's surgery with Shawn, today."

We continued to talk about her not only being attracted to women but also men, making her bisexual and I was honestly so proud of her for finally getting to a place where she knew who she was and had a significant other in her life.

She made it clear that she didn't want me telling anyone. No one could know until she's spoken to her parents. Her parents never seemed to show that they were against the LGBTQ+ community but both her and I weren't certain that they'd fully accept it.

I congratulated her continuously and made sure she knew that I fully supported her and always would no matter who she loves and what she does.

"What are you looking at?" She nudged my shoulder, referring to me smiling like an idiot down at my phone.

"Shawn's here...you're welcome to stay here if you want but I have to go." I gathered my things and put some emergency needs into my small shoulder purse before kissing Dev's cheek.

"I'm actually gonna go see Hailee...have fun tonight, Camzie." She began to walk down the hall outside my apartment before turning around and pointing her finger at me.

"But not too much fun," she winked before entering the elevator.

I shook my head and texted Shawn back, letting him know that I was on my way down.

A/n

I felt that there was a lack of light shown onto the LGBTQ+ community in my last book so of course I wanted to bring it up here!

Love who you want to love babes ❤️