Chapter 12

"Fred," FP said, resting his hand on Jughead's shoulder "I'd like to introduce my son to you. This is Jughead. He just got here from Toledo. Can't blame him to have finally gotten enough of the girls" He chuckled "Anyways, he and your son are the same age and will probably be in the same class once school starts. Jughead isn't really one to socialize, so I thought that it would be good if he already knew someone, if that would be alright with you" Jughead just smiled softly, reaching this Fred his hand.

"Of course it's alright. Just come inside, you two. Archie is still at football practice but he should be home any minute. Let's just go to the kitchen until then. It's been a while since we last talked, FP"

"It sure is, Fred"

"Oh dammit, Cody, you good?"

His name wasn't Cody.

His name is Jughead.

"So, those are my friends, B, V and Kevin. Guys, this is Jughead. He just moved here" Archie introduced, sitting down at a table during lunch break of the first school day, introducing him to the other three people.

'B' turned out to be the blonde, who also lead the Blue&Gold, which Jughead would later on sign up to.

'V' was going to be the first person he ever told about his heart skipping a beat when he saw Archie shirtless. How his cheeks reddened when Archie was too close. How he felt like he couldn't breathe when they were looking at one another for too long. 'V' was the first one to ask if perhaps Jughead liked boys, if perhaps he had a crush on Archie.

He didn't have that, of course not.

Jughead liked girls.

He had kissed Bailey after all.

"Hey, Cody"

"Jug, come on, it will be amazing" Archie said as he reached him his hand. Jughead hesitated, looking at him.

"Come on, the last time, you only ended up falling because you didn't hold onto me. Now you've got me. Let me pull you up, please. I promise, it will be worth it" Archie said and he showed him that sure grin of his and Jughead just flushed again, giving him his hand and trusting him.

"Thank you" Archie whispered, pulling him out of the window. The two climbed up on the roof to sit on top and watch the sun rise above this sleepy town.

"Hey, you alright?" Archie asked as Jughead rubbed his arms. He nodded "Are you cold? Come here, I can warm you" Archie said and Jughead flushed yet again, though climbed in his friends embrace.

Basically he was cuddling Archie now.

"That better?" Archie asked. Jughead hummed, smiling to himself. Watching the sunset truly was amazing but even better was when Archie leaned over and kissed him as they were climbing back in his room.

That truly set off the fireworks.

That kiss with Bailey was nothing like this.

"Everything okay?"

"Jughead?" FP asked, knocking on the bathroom door of their little trailer. It wasn't much but FP gave him everything he could and he was so grateful for it "Come on, what does the thermometer say?"