Epilogue

Jughead woke up in Archie's arms. His boyfriend was awake, playing with his hair yet again. They just stayed like that, enjoying the silence.

"Are you ready to go back to Riverdale?" Archie whispered at some point, kissing the top of his head. Jughead shrugged, rolling around to face him in order to kiss him properly. Though then he got up, asking Archie to help him shower — 'really shower this time, Archie'.

Once done, Jughead grabbed his cigarettes before the two headed downstairs to get breakfast. FP was there already, drinking his coffee while Betty and Veronica still seemed asleep.

By 10pm, their stuff was packed. Everyone was seated except for Jughead who stood near the car in front of his brother.

"I'll come and visit you over Christmas, okay? Just wait until 25th December, I'll be there in Riverdale" Zack said, pulling him in a hug.

"Don't miss me too much till then, okay?" Jughead just laughed, hugging him tighter.

"I'll text you, now that I have your number again, alright? Please don't ghost me again" Zack said, chuckling. Jughead nodded, pulling away to wipe his face. He sniffed, though then fixed his beanie, straightening up.

"Alright, you should go to your family. I'm sure that they're waiting for you already" Zack ushered, pushing Jughead towards the car. Archie got out of the backseat in order help Jughead inside. Despite the protests from FP, Jughead insisted on sitting next to Archie, which meant getting him in the backseat or Archie driving. FP did not want Archie driving, so now Jughead's plastered leg was put on Archie's lap.

FP took off with the radio on.

Away from Boston and back to Riverdale.

"Do you wish that you couldn't remember?" Archie whispered, taking of Jughead's beanie in order to play with his hair. Jughead sighed in content, resting his head on Archie's shoulder, face invisible to Archie now.

"Are you glad that you forgot for a while because that way, you could make things even with your biological family?" Archie suggested instead and Jughead shrugged.

"Alright, I'll leave you with the questions" Archie whispered, kissing his crown. Jughead reached for his free hand, drawing 'I love you' on it with his thumb.

"I love you too, Juggy, now go and get some sleep"

He couldn't say no to that. Just like the ride to Boston, Jughead slept through most of it. After the first nap, he had to move to the passenger seat though.

"Juggy" Archie whispered, hand squeezing his thigh softly. Jughead groaned, eyes fluttering open to face his boyfriend.

"Mhm?"

"We're home. Well, at mine. Do you want to stay here for the night?" Archie explained. Jughead nodded, rubbing his eyes before sitting up slowly. He groaned, trying to move his leg a bit.

"Very stiff?" Archie suggested. He nodded "Okay, I'll get our stuff and then help you out. Does that sound like an idea?" Jughead nodded again, driving a hand through his hair. How could he be so tired after almost sleeping through for over twenty hours?

Betty and Veronica said their quick goodbye before Archie had returned to the passenger door.

"Alright, let's get you out"

Jughead said a quick goodbye to FP by hugging him before reaching out his arms for Archie. The redhead picked him up and carried him to his house, only setting him down once they had reached the stairs. Jughead took off his jacket and shoes and reached both to Archie, who stowed them away before taking off his own.

"Dad? We are home!" Archie called, helping Jughead to stand up. He reached him his crutches before the two walked over to the kitchen, though Archie did help a bit.

They ate dinner together — lasagna because Fred wanted to celebrate that his two boys were back home. Archie spend most of it speaking though. He told Fred about the whole journey — leaving out some small unimportant details though. He nevertheless did get some side glances from Jughead during all of it.

After dinner, the two headed upstairs rather soon. Archie took a quick shower while Jughead was satisfied with just changing into some more comfortable clothes — an oversized hoodie from Archie that almost reached below his knees and new boxers. By the time that he was done, Archie had already walked out of the bathroom again, solely wearing a towel around the waist. He quickly discarded it though, the yellow sheet landing in his laundry basket.

Only in boxers, he walked over to Jughead. He got down on his knees in front of him in order to be on the same level as him. Cupping his face, he kissed him. Jughead smiled softly, wrapping his arms around his neck. Upon pulling away, he leaned his head to the side, just looking at Archie.

"What is?" He asked, chuckling. Jughead rocked closer to him, chasing away another kiss before pulling away, just enough to breathe.

"I..." He closed his eyes, cursing in his mind for his stupid body not doing what he wanted it to do. Why couldn't he talk?

"Everything alright?" Jughead nodded.

"I l-love you"

"What?" Archie asked, jaw dropping. Jughead had texted him that countless times. Jughead had written that down on his hand countless times. He never said it though.

And saying it was so much better.

"I love you" Jughead repeated, not being able to stop the smile. Archie grinned and tackled him with plenty of kisses that didn't quite end there.

____________________________________

Yes, indeed, it is the end of this story. We hope that you liked it, leave some comments, ig

Hope that you have a nice day.
Maybe we see us on our next adventure
(We will start uploading "A little surprise" from now on again)