Chapter 06

"Do you have everything?" FP asked, taking Jughead's bag. The boy looked around the hospital room before nodding.

"Yes, this should be everything" Even if it wasn't, he just wanted to get out of this place. It was already 2:23pm after all. FP finally signed those release papers.

"Are you hungry?" FP asked as the two started walking. Jughead shrugged, readjusting the crutch on his right side in order to avoid any unnecessary friction between his skin, the bandage and the crutch.

"Are you okay?"

"Mhmph"

"Still don't want to stay here a few days more?" FP asked, chuckling. Jughead just huffed again, quickening his pace "Now, no need to show off, Cody. I can see that it hurts, so please just slow down"

"I'm fine, let's just go. The sooner I'm in the car, the sooner I'm off these crutches" Jughead explained, to which FP nodded.

"Okay, you have a point. However, if you slow down, it might not hurt as much"

Once outside, FP took over and directed him to his car. Though once it came into view, Jughead stopped. FP turned around to face him.

"Is something wrong?"

"What are they doing here?" Jughead asked, pointing to the car, where he could recognize three people. Redhead, blondie and girlfriend.

"They are your friends, and will come with us"

"No"

"Yes, don't even try to argue. You want to go to Boston, which will be a two day drive, to and back. Plus at least another two days staying at Boston. You want me to drive you, so I get to want something too"

"I didn't want you to drive me"

"Yes, you did"

"Did not"

"Did, indirectly. Now, come on. They aren't that bad. And they've missed you. Plus, they could use a break"

"Isn't it still during the school year?"

"Yeah but it's only two more weeks. They don't give out any grades anyways. They deserve a break" FP opened the door to the passenger seat before offering Jughead a help to climb inside. Jughead scoffed, supporting himself on the car seat in order to sit down. He groaned as he shifted to get comfortable while FP took the crutches to the trunk.

"How are you, J-" Betty started, though got interrupted by a nudge from Archie in her ribs "Cody. Sorry, it's hard to remember"

"It's fine, I guess... I'm good. I mean, I'm finally getting home, you know? And out of the hospital too, that place was boring because they wouldn't let me do anything"

"Can we stop at Pops?" Veronica asked.

"Sure" FP said as he sat down in the drivers seat. He closed the door and buckled up before starting the motor. Not even ten minutes later, FP pulled in the parking lot to Pop's chock'lit shoppe.

"Okay, you kids go and get yourself and us some lunch and drinks. I'll stay here with Cody"

"Me too!" Archie called, sitting in the middle of the backseat, squashed between the two girls "I'll take the usual"