Chapter 04

The next day, thankfully a Saturday, Archie already went to the hospital after he had eaten breakfast. He was there before 10am. FP had driven him then, though only to say good morning to his son before already driving off to go to work not even ten minutes.

Archie exhaled softly through his mouth, twiddling his fingers as he looked at Jughead, pressing his lips onto one another. They've stayed quiet ever since FP had said goodbye to them. That was a minute ago.

"You've been crying" Jughead stated then. He barely took a glimpse at him. Archie nodded, hands stuck between his thigh to stop them from fidgeting. Jughead sighed softly and closed his sketch book in order to face him completely.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't think that you would be of any help"

"Now, come on. Let me try it. If I learned anything from living in that hotel then it's that it is easier to talk to a strangers than someone that you know. Come on, burden me with your problems"

But he wasn't a stranger.

That was the problem.

"I..." Archie paused "My boyfriend and I have some problems right now. He acts as if he doesn't know me" That was partly true. Sure, Jughead didn't play pretend, he really didn't remember but the problem was still there.

"Did you two have a fight?"

"Kind of"

A car accident could count as a fight.

"Well, I'm sure that you will figure it out, don't worry. Every couple fights. Bailey and I had countless fights. I mean, we are only 13 but... you know..." Jughead shrugged.

"Who exactly is Bailey?"

"My girlfriend"

"Girlfriend??" Archie chocked out "Girlfriend as in girlfriend, without a space? Like girlfriend with holding hands? With cuddling? With kissing?"

"I'm 13, we had like... maybe one kiss on the lips or so"

"Jughead, you are 17"

"Quit calling me Jughead. I don't- My name is Cody, okay?"

"Right, sorry. I just forgot. I'll try to call you Cody from now on"

"Thanks"

"How... Who is Bailey?"

"Bailey is my girlfriend, I told you"

"Yes, but what is she like?"

"Well, she is really beautiful, you know?" Archie wanted to throw up at that. Not because Jughead was talking about a girl and telling him that she was beautiful. No, that wasn't the problem. Archie wanted to throw up because he saw the way that Jughead's eyes lit up. He saw the way that a smile formed on his face. He didn't even give him a curl up of the edges of his lips ever since he woke up in the hospital.

Maybe that sudden sickness also just came from jealousy.

"We met at the hotel. Well, not really. We go to the same school. She is really intelligent, you know? We talked about octopi. I like when people are smart" Archie was questioning everything now. He didn't know that Jughead. His Jughead didn't care if he sometimes was the 'dumb' one of the group. Jughead liked him nevertheless. This Cody-Jughead would probably never talk to him in school.

"I bet that you would get along with her. Everybody does, well..." He paused, tilting his head a little bit "Okay, maybe not London, all the time. She's a friend of us. She can be a bit egoistic and dumb from time to time but usually, she's a good friend"