Chapter Twenty-Four

“I can’t thank you enough.” Penny beamed at Marinette as she traced the patterns on her white dress. “I was afraid I wouldn’t find anyone in time to help fix it, but you went above and beyond with it!”

    “It was no problem, really.” Marinette insisted as Luka joined her at her side.

   The reception was almost over, and Luka and she were about to leave themselves. Jagged Stone was draped over his bride’s shoulders, hugging her waist and pressing kisses to the side of her face.

    “I told you, my dear, Marinette Dupan-Cheng is more than capable of the job. She is even more talented now than she was when she was fifteen, and that is saying something.” Jagged said, exchanging a warm smile with the bluennette. “Now let’s leave the two love birds alone. Crete, Greece here we come.” The married couple waved goodbye before moving to other people to thank and say good-bye.

   Marinette’s cheeks felt like they were on fire, and she glanced at Luka. He was looking at the ground with a smile. She looped her arms through his and tugged him gently to the door. 

     “I’ve got to change, and then we can go enjoy what you have planned for us.” She assured, glancing down at what she was currently wearing. Her dark orange blouse was tucked into her black skirt. The shirt didn’t exactly allow for much arm movement. 

    Luka stopped her for a second and looked deeply into her bluebell eyes. “You know,” he whispered, “You look absolutely lovely.”

   Marinette bit her bottom lip. Sure she looked decent, but he looked absolutely stunning. He wore a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up above his elbow, exposing his arms that were to die for. The red tie wrapped loosely around his neck lifted and fell with his breathing. Black jeans absolutely finished the outfit, hugging his ass and legs perfectly. 

    Several outfit designs came to mind that would capture the same feeling of attractiveness. 

       “Your face got redder, what were you thinking about?” Luka pondered. He was studying her face intensely, noting how her freckles weren’t as noticeable as they were in the winter.

   “I uh…” Marinette’s fingers her playing with the bracelet on her wrist as she tried to think straight. Which was kind of hard when she was close enough to be sharing the same air with one of the most gorgeous people here. 

     Luka chuckled, closing his eyes with the image of Marinette dancing around his head. “Go get changed.”

    The bluenette relaxed a little seeing him in such a light-hearted mood, but still on edge with the fact that there was no way to calmly tell him how hot he was. She nodded and rushed out to Luka’s car to grab her bag. 

    “You really are something.” Tikki giggled. “It’s high school all over again, you can barely speak a full sentence around him.”

     Marinette pouted, slipping on a pair of shorts and shoving her shirt in her bag. “How can anybody manage a complete sentence when there’s a god standing in front of them?”

    “You sound like a fifteen-year-old girl.” The red kwami teased. 

   “Hey, it’s my job to notice how a person looks. I was simply admiring how to put together he looked.” 

    “Is that drool at the corner of your mouth?”

     Marinette narrowed her eyes as she covered her mouth. Tikki laughed. The red kwami was thrilled that her holder was definitely getting better. And she noted a lot of it was because of Alya and Luka.