33

~Maeve's POV~

Priscilla fiddled with her fingers as she walked beside me down the hall on Wednesday afternoon, heading with me towards the cafeteria for lunch. "Hey, can...can I tell you something?" Pri asked me softly, gently grabbing my arm to stop me from walking on.

I stopped and glanced over at her, furrowing my brows in confusion as I nodded my head. "Of course. You know you can tell me anything." I said, giving her a comforting smile. It was clear to me by the tone of her voice alone that what she had to tell me was something important to her, so I gave her my full attention, wanting her to know I was here to listen to whatever she had to say.

She fiddled with her fingers and pulled me off to the side, close to the wall. "Um..." She cleared her throat and glanced away, looking a little bit nervous. "I-I don't know how else to tell you, but...Des and I started dating on Monday." She said, glancing back up at me. I blinked in surprise, not expecting her to tell me that.

Of course, I had known for a while now that Desirae had had feelings for Pri, that was never a secret to me. However, I hadn't known that Priscilla returned them, or that either one of them had planned to confess to the other. I also hadn't known Priscilla was even attracted to girls. I'd just assumed she was straight, since I had only ever seen her date guys.

When I processed her words, I smiled widely in excitement and squealed happily, clapping my hands. "Really?! I've been waiting for Des to tell you about her feelings for you!" I giggled, and she blinked at me in surprise, probably not thinking that I had already known about Des' feelings by now. "Huh? You knew she liked me?" Priscilla pouted and I laughed, nodding my head. "Yeah, for a while now. I never told you, though, because I didn't think it was something for me to tell you. I didn't want to expose her feelings like that if she wasn't ready for you to know about them. Sorry." I explained, shrugging my shoulders.

All she did was smile and wave dismissively. "I'm not mad, don't be sorry. I was just surprised." She assured. "Oh, and she didn't tell me about her feelings. I told her about mine, and then she confessed after." She added, giggling softly. Her cheeks were a little flushed and her gray eyes sparkled. It was cute and I couldn't believe I hadn't even noticed until now just how she felt about Desirae.

"Why am I not surprised?" I teased, giggling as she grabbed my wrist and began to tug me along down the hall again, a smile on her lips. Des had always been a little shy with her feelings, no matter what it was about.

Pri and I headed into the cafeteria with each other and I went through the lunch line whilst she made a b-line to the table. After I had a tray of two slices of cheese pizza and ranch with a water bottle on the side, I went ahead and walked over to our table, sitting down next to Pri and across from Luke. Nicolai, of course, was beside Luke, diagonal from where I was. I could feel that he was eyeing me up again, something that he did literally every day and yet still it never failed to make me uncomfortable. Just trying to ignore it, I suddenly felt a gentle kick against my shoe and looked up, trying to open my water.

Luke leaned way over the table towards me and planted a big kiss on my lips out of nowhere, making me gasp as I fumbled awkwardly with my water bottle. His lips twitched in amusement and he hummed against my mouth in approval, making me blush brightly and regret my decision to not wear makeup today. Everyone could see how flushed my face was when he pulled away, going right back to reading his book with a little smile on his face.

Embarrassed, I practically tore the cap off of my water bottle and gulped some down, hearing Priscilla giggling in amusement beside me as everyone else at the table began to talk in hushed whispers about what just happened. The only ones who weren't surprised about our kiss were Nicolai, Jase and Priscilla, since I'd already told her. And well, Nicolai and Jase found out their own ways despite the fact that I'd never really planned for them to know.