7

~Maeve's POV~

On Thursday morning after I showered and had finished doing my makeup, I put on a pair of underwear and then went into my closet to get my pre-planned outfit for today.

I decided to wear a cute two piece outfit that had a cropped top and a short wrap style skirt. The top and skirt were a matching red color with beige and pink flowers. There was a little tie around the waist of the skirt that hung down my right hip and the cropped top showed off my mid-drift and my shoulders and collarbones, as it had off-the-shoulder sleeves. For shoes, I simply slipped on a pair of white high top converse and then left my blonde hair down in its naturally wavy state.

After spritzing on a little bit of perfume, I grabbed my backpack and then went downstairs, where I found Jase in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. I turned around and went to walk out, but him speaking up stopped me. "You know, it's you dressing in shit like that that makes the guys think you're trying to flaunt your shit in their face all the time." He said, making me stop in my tracks and look at him over my shoulder with my brows raised.

"It's not my fault that your stupid friends think me wearing a skirt is an invitation for them to take it off." I sneered, turning back around before I sauntered out of the kitchen.

He'd made me angry, so angry, in fact, that I went and got into my car without letting him know that I was leaving now. I started up the engine and then locked all the doors, knowing that Jase must have heard the rumbling of my car engine when he came running out the front door, not wanting me to leave him here. But the joke was on him, because I was going to anyways. However, I was feeling especially cruel today, so I let him run over to the passenger's side door and yank on the handle a few times. When he stopped, I rolled the window down enough for him to hear me, but not enough for him to slip his arm through to unlock the door from the inside.

"Maybe you should call up one of your guys and ask them if they'll come give you a ride, since they're so great." I smiled, giving him a wave before I backed out of the driveway and drove off down the street.

**

I stood at my locker, putting a few textbooks from my backpack into my locker instead, not wanting to carry them around all day. As I shut my locker and turned around, I squealed in surprise when I saw that Jase was stood there.

And he was with the entire football team behind him.

"Um..." I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Can I help you?" I asked, frowning. Jase glared at me. "You fucking left me alone at home!" He exclaimed, anger in his voice. I played with the straps on my backpack and frowned at him. "You were being mean." I said defensively, trying not to pay attention to the way his friends were looking at me.

It wasn't like I was an idiot, I knew that a lot of guys found me attractive, but I didn't really care or pay them any mind. I didn't wear skirts or dresses because I wanted them to notice me but rather because I liked dresses and skirts. Shocking!

Jase sneered at me and crossed his arms over his chest. "So what? It's not like what I said wasn't true." He scoffed, hurting my feelings a little bit. I wasn't sure why he was always so mean to me, or what I had done that made him hate me so much. And I almost wished that I could hate him too, but I couldn't.

"Can I go now?" I asked, as I was currently unable to, being that the football team had basically formed a wall so I couldn't pass them. Glancing over at them, I saw that Luke was stood behind everyone, just sort of watching me quietly. He caught my eye and I quickly looked away, a little embarrassed that he had seen me being scolded by my clearly angry older brother. You'd think I was eight years old and not eighteen years old.