The story of Madeline Lightwood Bane.

Start from the beginning

"Alexander! Are you okay? I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have... I'm an asshole! I'm sorry!"

"I'm okay, Magnus." Careful of his belly, he wrapped his arms around Magnus and pulled him down, placing his nose over his scent gland to calm his anxious nerves.

As soon as Magnus inhaled his mate's exquisite smell of white lilies and lemongrass, he calmed down and looked directly into the hazel eyes.

"I'm sorry!" He spoke softly and wiped the drops of tears sitting at the edge of Alec's eyes.

"It's okay, my sweet alpha. I'm fine. But please never do it again, you know what consent means to me. You know what my past is!"

"I know. I'm really sorry, I sometimes get drifted away with my actions that I... I'll keep trying to work on myself. To make myself better for you. Promise."

Alec nodded and placed a light kiss on Magnus' lips. "Can we please not discuss it further. We have a doctor's appointment today right?"

Magnus grinned at that. "We'll finally get to know bumblebee's gender today. I'm so excited! My instincts are telling me it's going to be a boy!"

"Nope!" Alec said popping out the P. "I'm sure it's a girl. A girl for you to spoil with your designer looks! Talking about bumblebee, where's my honey and cheese sandwich toast?"

Magnus shook his head and sighed. "What am I going to do with your weird breakfast demands! I wonder if this little one is gonna gain a sweet tooth from you!"

Alec glared at his mate through his long lashes and let out a low growl. "My toast or else I'll make you eat pasta with pickles!"

Magnus gagged at the mention of his other favourite these days. "Ughh! You're weird! Get in the shower, I'll make the breakfast!"

_______________________

Alec was fidgeting in his seat and was holding Magnus' hand as they kept waiting for their turn at their doctor's place.

"Calm down darling! Our child is fine. We're only going to know the gender today, hmm? There's nothing to worry about!"

"I know Magnus, I'm just nervous and excited at the same time!"

"Alec and Magnus!" The nurse spoke as the door opened. Magnus squeezed Alec's hand then stood up and walked inside.

"Alec! Magnus! How are you both doing?" The doctor greeted them with a warm smile and gentle hugs.

"We're fine, Dorothea. Just excited for today!" Magnus answered and kissed his friend's cheek.

"Alec, lay on the bed and pull your shirt up!" Alec obliged and laid down on the bed with the help of Magnus.

"You're already aware, this will feel cold!" Alec nodded as Dot applied the gel then put the transducer over it and started moving it. A black and white image appeared on the screen and soon Alec felt a kick, he then looked at the screen and noticed the image moving its legs. He smiled through his tears as he kept looking at the precious child living inside him.

"Dorothea, anything?" Magnus asked anxiously.

"The child is completely healthy, Magnus. Aaaand..." She grinned, pleased to be the first one to know in their group. "Congratulations, start designing frocks and skirts, Bane!"

"Wh... Oh my god! Dorothea! I'm about to kick your ass! So, it's a girl?"

"It's a girl!" She grinned.

"See, I told you!" Alec grinned as a teardrop escaped from his eyes and fell on the pillow.

Magnus pouted playfully but he was crying too, crying the happy tears from the news they got. He was going to have a family of his own.