Chapter 4

THIRD PERSON POV

The sight of Coruscant was coming into view. The two said nothing to each other, just staring into the depths of the corrupted planet. Ahsoka knew it didn't feel right, it didn't feel like the place she used to call home. Ahsoka tried one more time to reach out with the force to see if Anakin was there, if he was ok. Again, there was nothing but darkness.

Ahsoka sighed, she didn't even know how to get out of the ship without being shot from all directions. But when the Jedi Temple came into view, getting out of the ship was the least of her worries.

The temple was up in flames, smoke clouded the skies, a deep, deep darkness loomed over the temple, darker than the one she felt when exiting out of hyper-space.

"We have to get out of here." Ahsoka said, still looking at the horrific sight. She pulled her sabers out of her hilt.

"If we hurry, we can get to the escape pods, if they haven't already launched them." Maul said in a slight panic.

Just then, Ahsoka felt a burning pain through the force. Most - if not all - of the Jedi had been killed. Ahsoka squeezed her eyes shut, she dropped her lightsabers out of her hands and fell to the floor. Her head was throbbing and her body was burning up. Tears brimming her eyes, threatening to spill.

Anakin was gone...

Ahsoka pulled her knees up to her chest, he's gone, he's really gone. Ahsoka couldn't hold it back anymore and broke down. There was too much information for a 17 year old to take in within a span of a couple minutes. What was the point of all this if Anakin died, if the Jedi were already dead. This mission all meant nothing now.

Everything was lost...

"I-I can't do this. He's gone, I can't h-help you anymore. I-I'm sorry." Ahsoka choked out.

It was all she could say. Her brain felt like it was going to explode any minute, she could just give up right now and this nightmare would all be over.

"Ahsoka," Maul said and came over and knelt down in front of her, "You can do this. Anakin is not dead, he's just consumed by the Dark Side. Not all is lost, if we can get there in time, Anakin can be saved."

"No! I know Anakin, he would never join the Dark Side willingly. Everything is lost." Ahsoka cried.

Maul was about to say something more, but a transmission came in. Both heads perked up at the beep. Ahsoka quickly jumped up hoping to see good news.

"This is Master Obi Wan Kenobi."

"Obi-Wan!" Ahsoka gasped.

"I regret to report that both our Jedi Order and the Republic, have fallen with a dark shadow of the Empire rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi. Trust in The Force. Do not return to the Temple, that time has past. And our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trust. Our faith. Our friendships. But we must persevere. And in time, a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you, always."

The transmission ended. Ahsoka felt some sort of relief wash over her, at least Obi-Wan was ok.

"Ok Master, now we really need to get off, get on a shuttle, a-and send a transmission out to Obi-Wan so he knows we're ok." Ahsoka realized what she had just said.

"Ahsoka-"

"Just forget it, Anakin's gone."

Maul looked down, "You were right about one thing though, we need to get on a shuttle."

Ahsoka nodded and picked her sabers back up. The silver cylinders in her hand comforted her. She took a deep breath and opened the door. Clones fired their blasters at them, Ahsoka didn't want to kill them but she knew she'd have to.

She blocked their shots back at them and kept running to the ship docks. There was an untouched shuttle that the two could get on. There was only two clones blocking it so she decided to spare their lives and knock them out using the force.

Ahsoka got in the shuttle first to ready up the controls Maul stood outside blocking any incoming shots.

"Are you almost done over there? There's a whole lot more coming!" Maul yelled through the com-link.

"Yes! Hurry get on!"

Maul ran up the ramp and sat on the co-pilot seat. Ahsoka made the jump to hyperspace and started the transmission to Obi-Wan. Maul went into a different room and waited.

"Who is this?" a voice answered from the other side of the hologram.

"Ahsoka Tano, code name: Fulcrum." Ahsoka said to the hologram.

After about a minute a figure popped onto the screen, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"Master Kenobi."

"Ahsoka. I'm glad to see you still alive."

"I had help. That's not what i'm here for though." Ahsoka said.

"Yes?"

"Where's Anakin?"

Obi-Wan's head fell down. Ahsoka took that as a bad sign.

"Anakin has turned to the dark side." Obi-Wan said.

"So what he said was true." Ahsoka half said to herself.

"Who said what?" Obi-Wan asked.

Ahsoka sighed. She looked behind her and motioned for Maul to come out. Maul stood in the projected area behind Ahsoka.

"Ahsoka, why didn't you tell me?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Well, it wasn't exactly part of the plan...I-" Ahsoka took a second to breathe, "I thought I could save Anakin."

"You still might have a chance. I'm headed to Mustafar right now to track him down." Obi-Wan suggested.

Ahsoka nodded, "Send me the coordinates, we'll get there as soon as possible." Ahsoka said confidently.

Obi-Wan looked up at Maul and nodded, Maul echoed.

"May the force be with you." Obi-Wan said, then the transmission ended.

A/N: ok so not gonna lie, i was a little hesitant to post this chapter, but i did it anyways! First day of school is crazy! the sites have been crashing like crazy so it's kinda hard to listen to what the teacher says! Either way, i have the best World Geo teacher because he makes a bunch of Star Wars references, and he's just the best! Anyway, thank you guys!

~Andy