Chapter Five

Harrison Potter's Point of View

Today was just so slow. First, I had double potions with Professor Snape where we were doing theory all lesson so that we would be more prepared for the upcoming practise exam and wouldn't 'make an absolute fool of ourselves because of how incompetent we were'. Hannah had left the class halfway through crying which made me feel sorry for her. I did want to run after her and make sure she was feeling okay but one of her other friends checked up on her and made sure she was okay.

Snape was so harsh but he did it because of how difficult and dangerous the actual class was, also he was also preparing us for NEWT levels and for life outside of school. While his teachings may be difficult and harsh, the outcome is always commended by examiners and interviewers. I did actually enjoy the subject but preferred making potions in my own time when Snape's eyes and distasteful remarks were constantly being thrown down onto our shoulders.

I get why he was like this though, being harsh and closed off to everyone I mean. Sirius had told me what he and my father did to him all throughout school. They were just stupid and ignorant teenagers back then and now they were fully grown adults. While Sirius had apologised for his actions, James however continued to be cocky and stubborn. All Snape wanted was validation and to be told he was worth something, I hope he finds someone someday who will make him happier.

Anyway, the rest of the day consisted of care of magical creatures, defence against the dark arts and transfiguration. They all went okay but it was kind of boring to sit in a class where I already knew what was being taught. So, in DADA and Transfiguration I spent most of the time reading and going over more advanced material.

Care of magical creatures however was quite interesting, Hagrid had managed to find a family of 5 unicorns, a male and a female plus three babies, two female and one male. He had told us early on that they mainly interacted with females as apparently, they gave off more calming energies but he was in for a shock when all three baby unicorns came up to me and ran in between my legs. It was such a sight, I felt so at peace with my magic and with nature in that moment. what made it better was that I felt Edward there in the trees of the forbidden forest watching the class. I could tell this wouldn't be the only or last time I would see him watching one of my classes.

All in all, the entire day went by slowly and by the last few minutes of my last class of the day, Transfiguration, I was so ready to get back to my dorm room and spend more time with Edward. I don't know what it was but today I was missing Edward and his presence so much, it felt like there had been something carved out of me and I felt hollow most of the day. I don't know, it is hard to explain, I need to research about it later. Or maybe I am just imagining it, oh god what If I am coming down with some kind of illness. Should I go visit Madam Promfrey? Nah, it's no big deal, it's probably just because I didn't eat any breakfast this morning.

"You are all free to leave now, except Harrison Potter, please stay after class" WHAT!? No, I just want to go back and hang out with Edward. We were going to have an early dinner then go walking in the Forbidden Forest. Grumbling quietly under my breath, I quickly pack up my things and walk up to the front of the classroom once everyone left to see what the women wanted.

"You wanted to speak with me Professor?" I asked tapping my fingers against my book bag impatiently. Noticing this, she raised one of her eyebrows.

"I'm sure whatever you have planned can wait Mr Potter. This is important. Now I understand that this year you seem to be "bored" in my classes as well as Professor Black's and Lupin's joint defence against the dark arts class which Professor Moody is filling in until they are back from their time off. I have noticed that you bring extra theory books to read in class, may I have a look at them?"

Nodding I pull out the two advanced transfiguration books I had copied into a muggle journal from the Hogwarts library. It was Auror level transfiguration and conjuring spells. Professor McGonagall's eyebrows raised further flicking through the pages. After three minutes and 51 and a half seconds she handed me the books back which I placed back into my bag.

"Harrison, I understand your brother, Jayden, has just been starting his training back with Professor Dumbledore but it doesn't mean you have to read this kind of content to better up him. He is the boy who lived for a reason, while it may seem unfair that he has more power than you, you don't need to read these books and possibly harm yourself in the process. If you still feel the need to read these books we should book in an appointment with Poppy and see why you are feeling like this".

Even though I was trained at Occlumency, my face instantly betrayed what I was feeling, my mouth flew open and my eyes widened. How dare she tell me I am not as worthy or valid as Jayden. I know that everyone believes Jayden to be the real boy who lived but honestly that's just too far. Just because it is assumed that someone else has more power than the other, they are considered to be jealous and mentally unstable for reading advanced books. Gahhhhhh, I wish I could just yell it out that I am the boy who lived, that I have power too, that I am worthy too. She wouldn't believe me, no one would, except Edward and Luna.

"Just to let you know professor, I have already gone over this years' worth of content and I believe in myself to achieve, perform and practise these advanced spells. If you do not see my worth or my competence, I hardly see it worthy to continue to stay in this class. From now on if you wish to see or speak to me about this class, find me practising in the empty classroom at the end of this corridor." I replied back politely and properly no matter how much of my body was willing itself to explode in her face and use some of the new spells I have been practising. I left the classroom swiftly afterwards, leaving her sitting there speechless, thinking about how funny it would be if I used the aguamenti charm to encase her in a bubble of water for a few hours.

As soon as I was out of her sight I sprinted back to my room where Edward was waiting. She held me back for over 20 minutes talking about how stupid and unworthy I was. What a cow. I wish Remus and Sirius were here, they would know how to deal with a situation like that. At least they cared, not many others did.

"Watch where you are going" I heard Malfoy yell out after almost bumping into him.

"Sorry Malfoy, I'll try better next time. Should I knock you down and mess up your hair?" I yelled back looking back to where he stood leaning against a wall. A smirk made its way onto his face.

"I'd like to see you try" His voice becoming more distant as I rounded a corner and then down a few flights of stairs. Within 5 minutes I had made my way back to my room and Edward was there sitting on the window ledge seat reading.

"How come you were so long?" He asked placing the book down, his face painted with concern looking at my messed-up uniform and the beads of sweat lining my forehead.

"What? Oh, stupid McGonagall telling me I shouldn't be reading more advanced material just because I am 'jealous' of my brothers training" I said taking in a deep breath. Throwing my book bag down I collapsed on the space next to him. I felt myself being moved but didn't really care. His arms wrapped around my waist, book long forgotten, as I snuggled up into him inhaling his scent of trees, vanilla and rain.

"Can I nap for a bit?"

"Sure love, sleep for however long you want. I'll be here, always" Edward replied but I didn't hear already having fallen asleep.