Chapter Three

Harrison Potter's Point of View

It was Friday and classes had just finished for the day. Surprisingly I didn't actually have a lot of homework to complete except for that bloody charm I couldn't perform properly back in class this morning. No worries though, I would be damned if I didn't make sure I could perform it perfectly by the end of the day. It was the water conjuring charm and we had to know how to complete it verbally and non-verbally, however I never stopped at just that. I always tried to complete it wandlessly as well, and most of the times I succeeded to.

"There you are" Edward said with a small smile as I came through the entrance to my room. I smiled and walked over to the window sill ledge dropping my bag on my bed in the process. Dramatically sighing I laid down on the seat beside Edward who had put down the book on mind magics he was reading.

"How was your day" He asked as I felt his hands massage my head gently running his fingers through my hair.

"Don't even get me started, not only could I not perform the water conjuring charm today but I also got stuck on the moving staircases and was accidentally hit in the face by some over excited third year. Probably because there is a Hogsmeade day next weekend." I heard a chuckle echo from behind me and I looked up to see a smile painted on his face. Pouting I crossed my arms huffing as a strand of hair fell over my eyes.

"Don't stress about it Harry, not everything goes the way we want it to all of the time" He said softly continuing to massage my head. Closing my eyes, I hummed letting myself relax. I don't know exactly how but I must have been tired enough to fall asleep with my head in Edward's lap as he continued to run his fingers through my hair.

He woke me up about an hour and a half later when a knock was heard at the door to my room. Rubbing my eyes, I made my way to the door, Edward moving out of sight but still somewhere around the room. Opening it I was surprised to see none other than Jayden, my brother.

"Good afternoon" I say leaning against the door frame with curious eyes. We didn't usually socialise with one another, ever. Not saying that Jayden wasn't a good person but his ego was a little too much to handle sometimes.

"Hi Harry, our mother and father wanted to let you know that they are coming to Hogwarts for the weekend and wish to have lunch with everyone, meaning you as well. Don't be late and make sure you do not make me look like an idiot because afterwards I have a private training session with Dumbledore himself" Jayden said puffing his chest out proudly. Rolling my eyes, I nodded shooing him away with a wave of my hand. His shout of protest was drowned out as I shut the door and the protection charms enabled again.

"He seems..."

"Egoistic, yes I know. Anyway, forget about him, did you want to watch me perform some magic?" I ask with a mischievous glint in my eyes. Edward's curious but wary eyes met mine and I grinned grabbing my wand and my invisibility cloak which definitely didn't go ' missing from my father who couldn't find it no matter how hard he tried'.

"Put this on because I don't think everyone would be glad to have a vampire in the castle, especially after what they've been taught about vampires." Pulling the cloak on I saw Edward's eyes widen as his body disappeared before him. I chuckled and guided him out of my room and out the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room and into the castle.

Going the long way to the outside courtyard of Hogwarts, I showed Edward the Great Hall, some of the moving staircases, the entrance to the kitchen, some of the classrooms and once we were outside, heaps of students who were outside enjoying the warmth of the sun before winter arrives. Once we had arrived in the smaller more secluded courtyard, Edward pulled the invisibility cloak off and placed it neatly folded on one of the benches.

"What type of magic are you going to practice?" Edward asks taking a seat on the same bench.

"Well I need to practice the charm I couldn't get earlier today but other than that I am more than open to suggestions" I said taking a bow and started trying to perfect the water conjuring charm.

"Aguamenti" I said smoothly waving my wand from right to left. A small sprinkle of water burst from my wand. Frowning I tried again. A sprinkle. Again. Closing my eyes, I concentrated on my magic core and my mind making sure both were in control and complementing one another.

"Aguamenti" I whispered and I heard a gasp sound from Edward. Opening my eyes, I saw a stream of water pouring out from my wand moving in a sort of dance around me and then upwards and towards Edward. His amber coloured eyes watched in fascination moving from one thing to another as the stream of water surrounded him as well. A grin made it's way onto my face as I continued to concentrate on making shapes out of the water.

"This is absolutely breathtaking Harry" Edward said looking me in the eye and I felt my cheeks warm. With another wave of my wand the water disappeared. This time I tried it again, concentrating more on my inner self than the wand guiding my magic. Without saying anything I willed myself to conjure the water again and the performance wasn't as quite as magnificence as the last but it was still beautiful none the less. Pleased with myself I grinned looking at Edward who was already grinning as well.

"I was reading one of your books earlier today, one spell really intrigued me. The imperius curse? It makes the victim vulnerable to the commands of others"

"Ah yes, that is considered to be one of the unforgiveables actually. That, the cruciatus curse and the killing curse. They are all considered very dark magic and everyone and anyone will be punished if they were to perform it. Stupid really, back before the ministry became corrupted, they all used to be used in hospitals to help patients. It isn't about whether magic is light or dark, it's about the magical user's intention. I can't perform it with my wand since all wands of students have traces on them but lucky for you, I know wandless magic. Would you consent to this?" I asked and Edward nodded standing up and walking over to me.

"You know not many people can actually fight off the curse, it takes a really strong will, and it would also help if you were advanced in the field of Occlumency. It may be different since you are a vampire but we'll see" He nodded and I put my wand away focusing on my core and letting my magic flow out a little from my chest and through my arms, down my fingers and out into the air, letting the magic swirl around Edward.

"Imperio" I whispered and I felt a soft link to Edward. Take a step backwards. I thought in my head and saw Edward's eyes covered with a light foggy glaze over them. Another ten seconds and Edward took a step backwards. Hold my hand. I thought again and another ten seconds before my hand was gently picked up and held, fingers entwining with one another. I gave a small smile and cancelled the spell. The foggy glaze over his eyes disappeared and Edward looked up at me with a fascinated look on his face.

"It was like I was there but not there. Another voice had entered my mind over throwing my own" I nodded and decided that was enough for one day as it was starting to get colder and darker. As we were walking back to my room a thought popped into my mind.

"Hey, did you want to eat dinner together? I could ask the house elves in the kitchen to make something for me and to get some animal blood for you?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to gross you out?" I shrugged swinging our hands a little which would look a little weird to by passers as Edward was under the invisibility cloak.

"It'll be like your drinking a lot of red wine" I say causing a quiet chuckle to emit from Edward.