Kabanata XXXI: Attack

Athyeia's PoV

"I'm such a great teacher." Levi said out of nowhere as we danced in the middle of the room.

Noong una ay kabado pa ako dahil madaming tao ang nanonood, I was afraid na baka magkamali ako at mapahiya siya bigtime, mabuti nalang at napakagaling niya magdala ng galaw.

"I'm afraid not Sir Levi. You just have a great student." I countered. I saw his playful smile once again.

So payabangan kami? Ganoon? Hindi ako papatalo syempre!

"Ungrateful aren't we?" I playfully raised an eyebrow.

"I am grateful. God has given me so much talent." Hindi ko mapigilang mapatawa nang mahina nang nawala ang ngiti nito sa mukha.

How cute can this guy get?

Para talaga siyang bata!

"But thanks Levi. I couldn't have learned without you." I admitted which made him put his serene face on.

"Happy to help." Just as we were finished dancing, the sound of a large explosion occured.

Some dropped their glasses and some went quiet. Some people shouted, and some ran across the room.

"What's happening?" I heard Levi whispered. Bigla namang dumating sa kaniyang likudan si Jae-ha. Ang kanang-kamay niya na makakatuluyan ni Li-Em.

"The right wing of the castle has been breached. We need to evacuate immediately." Jae-Ha reported. "We need to escape from the secret tunnels in the castle's left wing."

The left wing??

"Evacuate the people outside first. We will escape after making sure that they are safe." Levi said before turning his back away from me.

Pulling my dress up, tumakbo ako patungo sa kaniya at hinigit ang kani
"Wait!" I said and pulled one of his arms.

"What is it Athy?"

"Do you want to be king??" Tanong ko dito. He seemed shocked by what I said.

"No." I heaved out a sigh. Thank goodness he wasn't what I thought he was. "Why would you ask that?"

I looked at Levi in the eye and slightly pressed on his arm. "Do you trust me?" Medyo kinakabahan kong tanong.

So far, everything is following the exact same story line of the first and most authentic novel I have read.

At alam kong hindi nalalayo sa nangyari doon ang mangyayari ngayon.

"Don't use the left wing escape Levi. They will ambush you in there." Mariin kong sabi. And yes, I am trying to convince him. "Nagpasabog lamang sila sa right wing to create a diversion, it's much safer there. Doon kayo dumaan ng Kuya mo, let the royal knights handle the right wing."

Levi's PoV

I stared at Athyeia's green colored eyes which was so full of conviction.

How did she know such information?

Muling nanumbalik ang pagsususpetsiya ko sa kaniya.

What are you planning on Athyeia?

"Please General, we have to make a move now." Said my second-in-command named Jae-ha. I am his general and he is my second-in-command when problems like this arises.

I was still lost in my thoughts when Athyeia clasped her hands together sandwitching my right hand in between. As if she was praying. "Please trust me."

"We can't possibl—" I cut Jae-ha off.

"We will use the right wing." Pasya ko.

"But general!"

"No buts Jae-ha." Nilingon ko siya. "Evacuate everyone to a safe place, we will use the right wing to escape and circle around our enemies on the left wing. Now!" Utos ko sa lahat.

My knights started moving.

"Thank you." Athyeia's voice came out with a secured sigh.

What if I did what's wrong?

What if she can't actually be trusted??

Am I.. being played?

Athyeia's PoV

I felt much greater when Levi listened to what I have said.

Napakalaking luwag saaking loob nang katotohanang iyon.

It made me felt glad but not for long.

After the surprise attack worked out, the detailed plan was released.

What happened by the left wing was only a diversion for the King and Levi to escape using the left wing. Without them knowing, nagaantay doon ang grupo ng mga taong aambush sa kanila.

On the left wing however, may dalawang daan, another left and another right.

The first bomb that exploded was at the left side, the problem is another bomb was set to blow on the right side.

If only the King was able to escape through the left wing, left side, he wouldn't have died and Levi would still be prince.

I know that even though the Prince is a little bit cold at times, mahal na mahal niya ang kaniyang kapatid.

It pains my heart to see him weeping for his brother. For the first time, that warm and cold person became completely barren of emotions.

Hinanap ng mga mata ko si Levi.

I should warn him.

My heart fell when I didn't see where he is. Nakaalis na sila agad??

"Athyeia? Where are you going?? Come with us." Tanong ni Verona nang makalapit siya saakin.

"I-I'll follow. Mauna na kayo." She seemed to believe what I said. Tumango ito saakin.

"Okay. Be safe."

When Verona was out of my sight, tinakbo ko iyong lugar kung saan ko huling nakitang dumaan sina Levi.

"Run fast." Sabi nito sa dulo ng pasilyo which I was able to read from just the movement of his mouth.

Katabi niya ang prinsipe at si Jae-Ha.

"V!" Sigaw ko na klaseng hindi na niya narinig. And then, they disappeared behind a moving wall.

I ran towards the wall and started investigating it, doing that while I was ripping the bottom of my dress apart so that I could move alot faster.

Nakasuot ako ng boots sa loob which was to my advantage.

Buti nalang.

I saw a crooked hanging pistol inside a slightly chipped glass.

Binuksan ko iyon at iniayos iyong pwesto ng baril. Just like that, the wall was moving.

Habang nagaantay ng tuluyang pagbukas ng daan, I got the on-display pistol at ang mga bala na nakalatag sa harap noon.

I don't know if I might used this but someone might pull off a suicidal move. Iyong mga taong handang mamatay maisakatuparan lamang ang kanilang mga plano.

I can use the pistol for self-defense atleast.

The secret passageway opened. And my eyes feasted on the sight of red bricks stacked together which can only be seen with the help of the torches that is hanged in it.

Kahit medyo madilim ang dulo at hindi sigurado ay nagpatuloy ako.

It wasn't long before I reached the end of the tunnel, sa dulo noon ay may dalawang likuan.

I have no problem if they would use the left side ngunit mas malaki ang tsansang sa kanang bahagi sila dumaan.

They would probably think that, that is the best way to escape since the left side is in disarray.

Again,

I ran.