Leo Valdez X Reader

"Are you almost done with it?"

"No, (Y/n), I'm still not done with it. You just gotta be patient."

"But that's no fun!"

Leo and (Y/n) were together in Bunker 9 as the son of Hephaestus tinkered away on a broken pair of binoculars.

"I know you're bored, but if you want me to get done faster, you should probably stop asking when I'll be finished fixing them." Leo chuckled as he sat at his workbench.

"I'm sorry, I'm just excited for tonight! This is the first time in hundreds of years that Asteria is in control of the shooting stars! I don't wanna miss that because my brother broke my stuff." Grumbled the daughter of (G/p) as she draped herself over the arm of a nearby chair.

"Well, if anything else breaks, at least you have your loving, talented and handsome boyfriend to repair it for you!"

"Humble today, aren't we?"

"Eh, what can I say? If you know you've got it, then flaunt it. Bedsides, there's no way that I could ever compare to my gorgeous girlfriend!"

"Oh, he's a charmer too! I hit the motherlode." (Y/n) giggled as she walked over and wrapped her arms around Leo's shoulders with a kiss to his cheek.

"Only the best for my girl."

"And since I'm your girl, does me bribing you with kisses mean that you have a little incentive to get them fixed faster?"

"Sorry, (N/n), but no. No matter how tempting kisses are, it still takes some time."

"Dang it, I really thought that would work.

"It was a nice try, babe, but like I said you're gonna have to be patient." Leo answered as he shook his head in amusement.

"Ugh, fine! I'm going to hang out with the Stolls for the day. Come find me when you're done, okay?"

"Alright, have fun."

"Bye! Love ya, Leo!"

"Love you too, (Y/n)!" Leo shouted as (Y/n) walked out of the bunker.

___________________________________

"(Y/n), are you coming?! It's almost sundown, it's gonna start soon!" A voice shouted at the (G/p) girl as she sat near the .

Bringing her focus away from the North Woods and turning her head to the side, she caught sight of Piper smiling happily with Jason at her side.

"You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up with you soon." (Y/n) shrugged, putting her hands in her pockets.

"You sure? We really don't mind if you walk with us." Jason offered as he grabbed Piper's hand.

"Yeah, I'm sure. I have to wait for Leo anyways. He has my binoculars."

"Okay, if you say so. We'll see you later."

(Y/n) mouthed a goodbye as the couple passed and she looked back to the entrance in the trees for any sign of the Son of Hephaestus.

As the sun moved closer to the horizon, the girl began to get worried about her boyfriend. Glancing down at the ground, she anxiously began tapping her foot upon the dirt.

After a few minutes of waiting and not seeing anything, (Y/n) sighed in disappointment before she began to make her way towards the fireworks beach.

As she quietly started walking away from her spot near the mess hall, she could hear the sound of leaves rustling from the woods.

"(Y/n), wait up, I'm here!" Someone called from behind.

She pivoted around to see Leo rushing over with the binoculars in hand. A gleaming grin appeared on her face as she ran to meet him.

Once the couple reached each other, they embraced one another with gleeful laughter.

"There you are! What took you so long?"

"I may have accidentally fallen asleep after finishing the repairs, but I still got them done!"

"Thank you, but I'm just relived that you're finally here! I was scared I might have to watch the stars by myself."

"No way! You know I would never let my girl down!" Leo responded with a kiss to (Y/n)'s forehead. The daughter of (G/p) smiled up at her curly haired boyfriend before she took ahold of one of his hands.

"Well, since you're here, we should probably get going if we want to get a good spot. Shall we?" (Y/n) asked as she nodded her head in the direction of the sandy shores.

"Lead the way, Milady!" Leo accepted as the pair linked arms and strolled towards their destination.