Chapter 30

Stefan's P.O.V.

I swear the morning comes to soon as I roll out of bed, slamming the alarm clock, hearing when Elena lets out a sigh and grabs my arm, pulling me back onto the bed, beside her.

"No one is awake yet..They usually don't leave until like 5 in the morning..It's 3 right now..We've got a little bit of time." She says, her voice still groggy as she lets go of me and I get up from the bed, pulling my white long sleeve shirt over my head and gazing over at her.

"We...Ha..No. We are not doing anything stupid like last night again..This is your parents house..Elena..someone could just walk in without knocking." I remind her, hearing as she laughs and gives me a wicked smile.

"Stefan. That's why they invented locks when they invented doors..For privacy..Duh! Besides, nothing could wake them up..I mean, well..maybe a few things..But, let's be serious here for a minute. I've walked into that kitchen before, made myself a late night snack and no one even came into the kitchen to see if someone had broken in! So..Please..I'm going to be spending time with my mother and Bonnie all day long..I'm going to miss you." She says, a smile on her face as she pushes off the covers and crawls across the bed to my side, standing on her knees, her warm hands slowly making their way under my shirt.

"Elena..Seriously..I would love too. Babe, but that's just awkward..It's your parents house and they already think I pretty much suck. So, let's leave it at this and not give them more of a reason to think that your boyfriend is just an ass! When we get back to LA..I'll give you a great reason to not be able to take your hands off me." I tell her with a wink, placing my hands under her chin and kissing her lips softly, turning away from her and pivoting on my heels, making my way towards the bathroom. But, her voice stops me dead in my tracks.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Elena asks, curiosity in her tone when she pushes her body off the bed and begins to follow me into the bathroom.

"Oh it just..Uh...You'll see." I tell her, shrugging it off like it's nothing as I pull a towel out of one of the bathroom cabinets and sling it over my shoulder.

"Oh come on! Spill it. Stefan, this whole meeting my parents was your idea and I honestly have been okay with it. But, why? I mean, you didn't really care about it before..Why now?" She asks, her voice demanding when I turn to face her, leaning against the door frame and staring back at her.

"Nope..It was just an idea..no big deal. Why do you think I have ulterior motives..Baby..You missed your family and I just wanted to make your wish of seeing them come true. Believe me, you'd know if I was planning something..Now, excuse me..I need to go..freshen up." I tell her, smiling widely and placing my hand on the door to close it. But just as I shut it half way, Elena's hand stops it from closing and she glares at me, pushing her way inside the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

"You always have these surprises and they drive me crazy! Now, please..just tell me what's going on! Why did you agree to go on this fishing trip with my brother and dad? Why..Oh My God..Unless you're planning to-" She starts to say as I lean into her, silencing her theories with a kiss.

Elena wraps her arms around me, pushing me back against the bathroom wall and finally breaking apart when she places her hand onto my lips. "I'm good at figuring things out, Stefan. Just know that I'm on to you..I think I know why you planned this whole thing." She states, placing her head on my chest as I run my hands through her hair, watching when she removes her hand from my face.

"Oh...I think someone's up and they're calling your name..Looks like I will be seeing you later. Love you and have an amazing time with the girls!" I exclaim, turning her around back towards the bathroom door and nearly shoving her out of the small space, hearing as Elena huffs out a breath and turns around to glare at me.