Chapter 26

Elena's P.O.V.

His arm stops me from moving just a few feet to the beach. My eyes lock on his as I smile, looking up when he nods his head at me, leaning in to whisper in my ear. "So, Where have you been..You seem to have forgotten that you brought me to this event. Miss Gilbert." Elijah comments as I smile at him, clearing my throat to speak.

"Heh, I'm sorry, Elijah. I promise that I'll make it up to you. I just need to-" I start to say, suddenly hearing his voice over the loud speakers that are scattered throughout the lawn, echoing my name as I look up, towards the small stage where the band had just been playing a few minutes ago.

"Excuse me, Ladies and Gentlemen. Uhh, I'm sure a lot of you know who I am. But, if you don't by now..Ha. My name's Stefan Salvatore and I just wanted to make an announcement to my beautiful girlfriend tonight and to all of you who have gathered at Ashlynn Peterson's amazing dinner and event. Thank you, Ashlynn for making this a memorable night for all of us. Anyways..." His voice trails off as I lock my eyes on him, Stefan's jacket is laying on a chair next to him, the microphone in his hands as he walks off the stage into the crowd suddenly, smiling when he looks around and spots me, standing nearly frozen next to a stunned Elijah.

"Ha, I knew the rumors were true about the two of you..So, you are dating Stefan! Klaus owes me a few hundred dollars then!" Elijah comments as we both watch when Stefan walks over to me, grabbing my hand into his, locking his eyes on me. I can feel my face reddening with his words as everyone turns around, the camera's flashing in my face as Stefan speaks into the microphone again.

"Elena Gilbert. I love you and I don't want anything to come between us,anymore. So, I just wanted everyone here and all these cameras to know that..Elena Gilbert is indeed my girlfriend and we've been dating for a short time now. But, I love her and I can one day see a future with her, So I just thought that all of you should know, the rumors of Elena and I being together, are true." He says, handing the microphone to Elijah as I smile at him, laughing when he wraps his arms around me and spins me around, kissing my cheeks before he puts me down and then he whispers. "I have a really good surprise for you on the beach, back at my house. But, we'll have to wait until all these people are gone, so that we can leave. So, until then why not enjoy ourselves." Stefan tells me as I wrap my arms around him, burying my face into the curve of his neck as I exhale.

"But, I thought you said the surprise was here?" I ask him, pulling away from him as he brushes a strand of my hair back and laughs.

"Yeah, I was planning on it. But, you were right..too many people to see us. So, I called in a few favors back at the house. But, you got to admit..the stage thing was kind of cool." He tells me, caressing my cheek as he smiles and then holds out his hand towards me, asking me to dance.

"Sure. Why not..Let's make a night of it." I tell him, watching as Caroline and Klaus smile at us, hearing as Damon and Katherine shout at one of the waiters "Give them some more wine or a bottle of champagne, for the happy couple!"

XXXX

Stefan's P.O.V.

I hear as Elena laughs when I spin her around, her hands gripping on my shoulder as we glide against the dance floor and when I lock my eyes on her. I can tell that she's happy, truly happy.

"So, what do you have planned back at the house?" She asks, placing her chin on my shoulder as I place my hand on the middle of her back and she smiles at me again when I shake my head.

"Well, you'll just have to be patience and wait to see what I have planned. Let's just say that it's something you won't forget for as long as you live." I tell her, kissing her cheek as I sway us back and forth.