"Everyone around here calls me King," he grunted making my body shudder for a sec. "Okay, King well everyone calls me Empress," I pointed out earning a chuckle from him.

May I say that was the sexiest chuckle I've ever heard in my life? It was so deep and gruff and his tattoos didn't make it any better.

"So you came here for any reason?" I asked. "Yes, I did I'm having a party by my house tonight and I'd like for you to be there," he stated.

Me at a party? Not gonna happen.

"I'm sorry I would like to-"

"Good, then I'll see you there Empress," he interrupted before turning around to the front door.

What?

"I don't think you understand I'm-"

"You're not sure what time it starts? It starts at 8:00 pm sharp," he interrupted once again before quickly exiting.

"What?" I murmured while Rosa stood there watching me. "Empress if you're going to that party we would have to get you ready, " Rosa spoke out.

"No, I am not going to that party, " I started turning back around to my room.

King, Huh?

Wonder why they call him that?

"Empress, don't you think that this is a great opportunity to know your neighbors?" Rosa spoke trailing right behind me.

"No, Rosa I think I'm doing just fine, " I said opening my bedroom door.

There's no need to go to a neighborhood party to act all friendly when I know that as soon as I leave they'll have a lot to say about me behind my back.

"Empress your father-" Before she could even finish I quickly turned facing her.

"My father is dead so let his soul rest in peace. I get that you think that I'll do what my father wants me to do, but get this, he was never in my life and I forgave him for that. But what you don't get to do is use his life as an excuse for me to do what you want me to do " I replied resting my hand on my hip.

"I didn't mean to-" she began stuttering.

Sighing, I rested a hand on Rosa's shoulder before smiling.

"Rosa I get that you're tryna look out for me but I'm a grown-ass woman, okay? I choose what I want and do for my life, " I clarified.

Rosa seemed shocked but she understood that her little mind game wouldn't work on me so she nodded leaving me inside my room alone.

I need to call up Mary and see if I could donate some money to her shelter.

As I was making my way to the counter where my phone was as on Que it began ringing.

Picking it up, knowing the caller was Marcus I answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ah, Empress! So I've heard from Rosa that King had invited you to a party? Well, I'm here to inform you that you have to go?" Marcus instructed.

"And what makes you think I have to listen to you?" I questioned. What is with these people telling me what to do?

"Listen you're new to the neighborhood and you're moving into your father's house which everyone in the neighborhood knew and loved so don't you think you owe them an explanation by just going to the party, " Marcus explained.

Rolling my eyes I sighed reading a hand on my hip.

"I don't owe them nothing, " I scowled.

"Empress please just do this introduce yourself and then you can dip and leave, " Marcus pleaded.

Damn, he really wants me to go to this party.

"Fine, I'll go only because I'm a little curious about my next-door neighbor, " I replied. Marcus immediately thanked me before saying his goodbyes.

But I really wanna know why everyone is so pressed about me going to one damn party.

_______