Chapter 33 - Huh.

Baby where would I be without your love beside me? OhBaby where would I be? Probably gone, oh'Cause it feels like CPR'Cause it feels like CPR

Baby where would I be? Probably gone, oh
'Cause it feels like CPR

- Summer walker ~ CPR

EMPRESS

Empress stood there silent, her hands trembling as tears threatened to leave her eyes.

This is not the man who supposedly was nice and loved as everyone said.

She huffed in frustration at the realization her father was not the man everyone said he was.

He seemed like a manipulative and narcissistic man.

He chose his job over his own family, over her mother, and her.

And that's supposed to be a man who supposedly was forced to be out of her life?

Her mother had given him a choice and he chose life without her so why should she pity or forgive, Edgar?

Empress flinched a bit when a hand rested on her shoulder.

"You okay?" JongWoo asked his voice low and gentle as if afraid that she was going to burst at any moment.

She nodded her head before looking back at the note.

Her mother had known she was sick before she had reached the age of sixteen.

Now that she's recalling memories she would always remember her mother taking a lot of pills.

Yet Empress never thought her mother was sick since her mother had told her they were just vitamins.

And she believed her since she was a child then.

Her mother was always working and there for Empress when she needed her to be.

She always had a smile on her face. Only once Empress had witnessed her mother crying and that was a night when she went to use the bathroom when she had heard faint whimpers coming from her mother's bedroom.

Knowing no better she had taken a peek and there was her mother on her bed crying herself to sleep.

From that night on, Empress wanted to ask her mother what was she crying for but she thought it'd be best not to know.

But to know her mother was carrying all of this pain on her back made something in Empress throb.

Strong arms engulfed Empress as tears leaked out of her eyes.