2.0 The One Where They Study

Post death
Pre death

Sabina Rios stood in the hallway of Liberty High School

Sabina Rios stood in the hallway of Liberty High School. She frowned as she moved her books from her backpack into her open locker. Her phone buzzed, and she saw it was a text from Justin Foley. This confused her. Justin never texted her, and she didn't even know she had her number. The two of them never spoke to each other. The girl furrowed her eyebrows, opening the message. The text Justin sent was a picture of the new girl, Hannah Baker, going down a slide. Her underwear was showing.

Why would this girl hang out with Justin Foley during her first week at school. Didn't she hear who Justin Foley was, what he did to girls, how he never actually dated any of the girls he slept with.

The girl shook her head, shoving her phone into the back pocket of her skirt. She closed her locker, turning to head to her first class of the day, but she was stopped by Bryce Walker standing in front of her. "Hey, baby. Did you see the picture of the new girl?"

"Yeah." Sabina nodded, looking down at her feet.

Bryce let out a chuckle, running his hands through his hair. "Justin showed me the picture, and I just knew that everyone had to see it."

Sabina's eyes widened, looking up at her boyfriend. "You sent that picture?"

"Yep." Bryce sent his girlfriend a smile.

"Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you send that picture around?"

"Because it was hot."

The girl shook her head, running her fingers through her hair. "Bryce, that doesn't give you the right to send out a picture that the girl probably did not want going around." She glanced around the hallway, noticing everyone whispering, looking at their phones. "You and Justin just labeled her as a slut for the rest of her Liberty High School career."

"It's not that big of a deal, Sab. You're overreacting."

Sabina nodded. It was no use fighting him on this. He would never change his view on these kinds of subjects. She had always tried to convince him to change, but he never did. "You're right. Walk me to class?"

*

Later that day, Sabina noticed Hannah Baker standing at her locker, looking at all of the kids whispering about her. She frowned before approaching the girl. "Hi."