1.0 The One Where He Treats Her Like Shit

Post death
Pre death

Sabina Rios stood one front of her body length mirror

Sabina Rios stood one front of her body length mirror. She ran her hands down the sides of her jean skirt and sighed. Another day another lie. Was it to herself or the people she cared for? She did not know the answer anymore. She wanted to be herself, but she did not know who that was. She had to be nice and smart. It was what everyone expected her to be. Well, most everyone.

"It's almost 7:30." Sabina turned to see her younger sister standing in the doorway of her bedroom. "Bryce is gonna be here soon."

"I'll be ready in a few minutes." Bryce Walker, Sabina's boyfriend, drove her and her sister to school every morning, picking them up at 7:30 on the dot every time. He only lived just down the street, so he didn't mind. He had been driving Sabina for two years, but Rosalind starting getting rides that year when she entered high school.

Rosalind nodded before moving closer towards her sister. "So, I take it he still doesn't know."

"No." Sabina shook her head and she began tying the shoe laces on her yellow converse sneakers. "I haven't told him."

"He's gonna find out, Sab."

Sabina looked down as she began walking out of her bedroom. "He can't find out."

"You fucked Justin Foley, Bryce's best friend. He's gonna find out."

"Keep your voice down." Sabina shushed her sister and pointed down the stairs to where their parents were drinking their coffee at the dining table. "It happened over a month ago. Okay? Let's just let it go."

Rosalind scoffed. "Has Justin let it go? Have you let it go?" Sabina went to open her mouth but nothing came out. "I know he's been coming over here at night."

"How?"

The younger sister rolled her eyes at Sabina's idiotic question. "My room is right next to yours. There are thin walls. Plus, you two are really loud when you're-"

"We're just talking." Sabina cut Rosalind off. "We're just friends."

"Just talking my ass." The girls heard Bryce's car horn from outside. "Saved by the bell." Rosalind moved forward before turning back towards her sister. "I think you should tell him. Soon."

"Focus on your own shit, okay? And, stay out of mine."

Sabina pushed past Rosalind and tried to walk past their parents, but they stopped them. "Have a nice day, girls." Camila Rios smiled at her daughters.