3.0 The One Where She Is Concerned About Him

Post death
Pre death

At the beginning of the school year, Sabina Rios was sat next to the other new girl in town, Jessica Davis, in biology class because the teacher believed Sabina was the nicest student in the class and would be the best influence on Jessica

At the beginning of the school year, Sabina Rios was sat next to the other new girl in town, Jessica Davis, in biology class because the teacher believed Sabina was the nicest student in the class and would be the best influence on Jessica. The two became friends fast. Sabina would see Jessica hanging out with Hannah Baker and Alex Standall after school almost every day at Monet's coffee shop and would always wave to them. One day, she was there with Bryce Walker, picking up some coffee and waved to the group. Bryce furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at his girlfriend. "You know them, Sab?"

"I met Hannah a little while ago, and Jess and I are lab partners."

Bryce nodded, looking back over at the table. The three new kids sat at the table drinking their select drinks. "I feel so fucking bad for that girl." Jessica sighed, turning back to her friends.

"Why? She's dating the most popular kid in school and is on track to be Valedictorian." Alex responded, crossing the drink he had chosen off of his list. He wanted to try every drink Monet's offered, and was almost halfway through.

Jessica shook her head, looking down at her hands. "She's not happy."

"What do you mean?" Hannah questioned her friend.

"I was in a bad relationship, and I can tell these kinds of things." Jessica spoke after letting out a sigh. "I can tell that she doesn't really want to be with him."

*

Jessica walked up to the Rios household, and she saw Justin Foley hopping out of Sabina's window. She frowned, but then her eyes widened in realization. She ran up to the door and aggressively knocked on it. The door opened to show Edward Rios. "Ah, Jessica. Sabina's just in her room. Go on up." Jessica nodded and slipped past Sabina's father without saying anything.

She rushed up the stairs and bursted into Sabina's room. "Why was Justin sneaking out of your window."

Sabina, who was sitting on her bed, looked up at Jessica and shook her head. "You saw that?"

"Yes." Jessica nodded, moving to her best friend. "Are you cheating on Bryce? I mean, if you are, good for you. He sucks. But, that's kind of not great, also."

The girl let out a sigh, placing her head in her hands. "It's been going on for, like, a month now, and I really like him." Sabina looked back up at Jessica. "But I can't dump Bryce. It will ruin everything that I have built up. Not only will the entire student body hate me, but my parents will, too."