I shifted out of the dream. I opened my eyes only having them to meet harsh sunshine.

I realised someone was gripping one of my hands.

I whipped my neck to see a pair of brown eyes staring intently at me. It took me some time to realize who he was.

I ripped my hand away from him and abruptly sat up.

"I don't think its a good idea for you to sit up-" The Alpha tried to say.

"How dare you come near me?!" I half yelled at him.

"Look, I don't know who you think I am but-"

"You destroyed my whole life, my cult, my f-f-family!" I interrupted him again.

"I think you have mistaken me for someone else." he said waving his hands, he was clearly agitated. What can I say, he was acting good.

"And how come you are so young? Fuck! How are you even alive?! I killed you!"

"First of all, I was born 23 years ago, so I can't be 50; and second, why do you keep calling me dead?" he said crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I-I-" I tried to say something, but words just didn't come out.

"Listen, Sapphire... you have to calm down first, and then talk, okay? I just want to help you with whatever you are struggling with." he cupped my cheek. I wanted to pull away, but somehow, his touch comforted and I felt myself leaning into it. I quickly pulled away before I could get too comfortable.

"Don't try to touch me, ever again." I said putting a show of anger.

"Fine, as you say. Now try to speak." he said. His eyes were laced with an unreadable emotion.

"How did you do it? Is this the work of a necromancer?" I said, looking at his perfect body. Hang on, since when do I think he is perfect?

He took out his phone and typed something into it instead of answering.

"According to google, you think that I have been brought back to life by some kind of evil magic. But why the hell am I supposed to be dead in the first place?" he asked.

"Cause I killed you!" I said.

"Okay stop. All this is really not making sense. I think this has something to do with your past. So you tell yours first, then I will tell mine." he tried to reason.

"You know everything, you took everything from me, you fucking bastard-"

"Woah girl! Didn't your parents teach you manners-"

Anger flew through my veins, before I knew, I had him pinned against the wall, with his neck in my grip.

"Not. A. Word. About. My. Parents." I spat at him.

"Will you calm down?!"

I only tightened my grip on his neck.

"I killed you once, I could do that again, we both know that, don't we?" I asked with a dangerous edge to my voice.

"I really don't wanna hurt you. You better let me go." he said in response.

"What if I don't?" I asked pressing even harder than before, this time with the aid of magic.

Now he was choking. But surprisingly he made no move to harm me. Strange...

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?!" I heard Hadley's voice yell.

I immediately let The Alpha go. I had learned a long time ago... you don't wanna get on a healer's bad side.

"Thanks..." he breathed out, coughing badly. I looked at the new bruise that graced his neck. I smirked inwardly at the damage I had done.

"Are you both mad?!" Hadley whisper-yelled.

"I was just teaching your arrogant Alpha here, not to show me his ugly face ever again." I said, brushing the feeling of his skin off my hands.

"Ugly face?" he spluttered looking at me.

I rolled my eyes.

Even though, he was just the most gorgeous man I had ever set my eyes upon. Wait, what?

I sat back on my bed.

"We'll manage here, doc. You may leave." the Alpha said, but his eyes were trained on me.

"But-" Hadley tried to protest.

"Leave." he said in a stern and commanding tone.

She immediately followed.

"So... about that-" he started to say;

"Don't expect an apology." I interrupted.

"Anyways, how are you back?" I asked.

"I have always been here..." he frowned.

"You are good at lying, Dread." I said recalling his earlier nickname.

His eyes flickered with anger as I saw his canines extend, but he controlled his wolf.

"I am not who you think." he said, his voice still hinting of anger.

I flattered. What? He is not him? He had to be lying.

"Anyways, tell me about your past. I want to clear the air. Please help me." he added, looking hopefully at me.

"Fine." I took a deep breath, "I didn't belong to the Maeonian cult since birth. They took me and my brother in after you destroyed my original one."

"The Dread, not me." he corrected.

"Don't tell me he is your alter ego."

"He is nothing to me." he said, barely containing his anger. I decided to do as he said. At least for now. I would leave as soon as the matter was solved. Or after I had put him in his place. (hint: hell)

"Anyways, the Dread decided that he needed to conquer a cult. He zeroed out on us. I never knew why it was us... There were a lot more impressive cults. Anyways, he brought an army of rogues, whom he called his real pack. Threatened us to give in without a fight. Naturally, we didn't. My father, who was the chief, declared war. Our cult was a rather small. We didn't have many powerful people. The Dread slaughtered everyone. The cult died. My parents died. My brother and I somehow escaped. After 4 years of wandering, we found the Maeonian cult. When I was 16, the Dread came into play again. The Maeonian cult started getting threats from him. I was sent out to hunt him down. I successfully killed him. And that is why keep thinking you should be dead. Back to the story, the cult was super happy. They made me chief as soon as I turned 17. The end. That's my story. Now you tell me about your self." I gave him the short version leaving out all the painful detail. Still, I couldn't help the sad tone of my voice.

He took in a deep breath. Then looked at me in the eye

"The Dread was my father."

A/N

Hellooooo!

So the questions have been answered...

But there are so many questions still remaining

Why does Lionel go totally ha-mazan at the even the slightest mention of his father?

Except for the fact that The Dread was a total psychopath, he was still his father...

Keep reading to find out in the next chapter.

BTW ha-mazan is a real word that basically means warrior mode in some language. Don't ask me which language.

I don't remember (XD XD) if you guys know, then enlighten me in the comments.

Till then

Bye Bye!!