Few more hours passed and lunch break arrived. Everyone were now relaxed while the former soldier watched the teacher leave.

"Ackerman~" a sweet voice called.

She turned and saw three figures making their way to her. One female with brown hair and bright smile-- quite the reminder of Petra because of her hair. Behind her, two male followed. One was the specks who asked her the first question, the other was a mess of a dark green hair and freckles the closer he came. Same bean and gentle energy emitting like Marco's-- she shook her head from the thought.

"What can I do for you?" Y/n asked.

"Oh, I'm Uchako Uraraka! This is Izuku Midoriya, and you know him already, but he's Tenya Iida! We actually want to welcome you."

Nodding, the h/c haired girl, smiled calmly. Something that she didn't really do earlier, making the three blush from how pretty it was. "That is really sweet of you. Would you be darlings and tell me the way to the dining hall?" She asked.

The three looked at each other once again. "We'd like to invite you to dine with us!" Iida explained.

"Oh. That works as well. Sure." She fixed her things before standing up and joining them.

"They actually serve meat here. That's interesting." The girl looked at the menu at lunch rush while choosing her meal.

"Were you a vegetarian?" Uraraka asked who was in line in front of her.

She shook her head. "Meat is rare where I'm from. It's quite a luxury." She explained.

"Eh? Why?" The green head asked surprised.

"Well, we are a secluded area. Built inside walls, so we don't have much spare lands to grow animals." She explained.

"Walls? Why the walls?"

"It's kind of a barrier from outside harms... I guess." She shrugged. "Lots of our people are kind of cowards."

"Look we're next!" Ochako excitedly announced as she picked out some food. The girl beside her looked confused with the name she's mentioning.

"What would you like, girl?" Lunch rush asked.

Y/n blinked twice. "Ah, yes. One full of protein." Mentioning that, the man looked as confused as the people around her. She shrugged. "Any recommendation?" She asked instead.

"Alright! Freshly cooked rice, katsudon, a bowl of salad and miso soup! Hope it's to your liking." He grinned.

"Thanks." She followed ahead with Uraraka who was looking for free space until she saw their other classmates who was waving at them.

Y/n took the free chair beside Todoroki since she remembered that he was the one sitting in front of her. At least it feels more like she's acquainted with him than the others, while the brunette took the opposite front, Midoriya beside her and Iida beside him. Filling all chairs from the long table they designated themselves.

"Yay! Ackerman-chan is eating with us!" Mina exclaimed happily, raising her chopstics.

"I beg your pardon, but may I ask why you add chan on my last name?" She ask, scooping a spoonful of rice withe the meat.

"It's a honorific. We use them a lot to endearing people." She explained.

She nodded. "You may call me Y/n. I've never been called by my last name before." She said. She finally ate the food on her spoon.

"How was it, Y/n?" Midoriya asked, noticing the frown forming to her head.

The girl blinked twice. "Ah yes. The flavor is odd but it's delicious." She explained.

"Woah, it's actually your first time eating Katsudon?" Denki asked, who was opposite side to Uraraka beside Mina.

"Yes. Truth be told, I don't even know what all of you are eating." She chuckled. "I'm not even considered poor in my place."

"So what do you guys eat, if not these?"

"Rations of wheat bread and vegetable stew we occasionally roast meat. When on duty, we eat tasteless hard bread, I guess."

"On duty? You actually have a part-time job?" The bi-colored male now curiously asked her. He has now stopped slurping from his cold soba

"Part-time job? What's that?" She asked.

"Wait, you mean you're already working? You're so young to be working?" Denki said in confusion.

"Actually I'm kinda too old to be studying again." She replied, eating another spoonful of her food.

"Again?" The group watched her in confusion. "Did you finished school?" The young greenette asked, wide innocent eyes staring at her with wonder.

"Yeah. I've done military training when I was twelve. Most of us actually apply for training regimen below 15 years old. I recently graduated from being a cadet six months ago." She seriously, but comically raised one arm up like how All Might does. "I'm in perfect shape and raring for action."

The table was left to stare at her wide-eyed. The different looks mixed with pity, shock, disbelief and sadness grew within the group.

For some reason, the explanation why she had her wounds made sense now.