T H I R T Y - F O U R

Start from the beginning

"It's not like I'm asking for much" She ignored Greyson's advice and continued on "Just a tour of our lands, a few balls, and the Wedding." 

My eyes widened to the point that I fear that they were going to pop out of my head and Greyson's grip slackened before tightening again. 

"Just how long do you plan to keep us here?" I snarled "We have lives back home! Friends that miss us! Family that are probably worried sick at our disappearance!" 

She waved a dismissive hand at my words. 

 "Word has been sent out to you families" She said the word 'Families' like it was a disease she was afraid of catching "About you absence." 

"What did you do?" I snarled. 

She gave me a smile, one that made my stomach tense up. 

"I did what I had to." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"UGH!" I slammed open the door to our room, nearly breaking the expensive ancient handle off. 

"CAN YOU BELIEVE HER?" I yelled "CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT I WAS A FOOL ENOUGH TO TRUST HER? TO ACTUALLY THINK THAT SHE HAD A HEART IN THAT EMPTY SPACE IN HER CHEST?"

"Baby..." Grey cooed at me, grabbing my shoulder gently to halt my pacing. 

"What?!" 

"You're hands are glowing" He said softly. 

I looked down at my hands and found that, they were indeed, glowing. 

"What the hell?" I turned my hands over and found that my hands were almost...translucent. 

"Maybe it's not such a bad idea that we stay here for the time being." He said softly, holding my glowing hands. 

"How can you say that?" I pulled away from him "Don't you want to go home? To see your family?"

"I do" he said softly "But for now, while these new powers of yours are manifesting, I think it's in our best interest to stay here. Where the Queen can guide you and these new powers." 

I gave him a look "I rather jump into an active volcano." 

He chuckled and picked me up, twirling me around. 

I huffed but cracked a smile at his silliness. 

"Plus..." he deposited me on the bed before crawling on top of me and giving me a gentle kiss "Think about our wedding." 

"It's not a real wedding" I rolled my eyes "It's only for show."

"Oh but quite the contrary mi amor" he nipped at my neck "This wedding in real to me and to all those male Fae out there. I finally get to call you mine." 

I pushed at his broad shoulders and he rolled over to his side of the bed. 

"A wedding doesn't make me yours Grey." I said, sitting up "Especially one thrown by my evil grandmother." 

Greyson was about to say more when there was an urgent succession of knocks on our door. 

Before we could answer it, the Queen rushed in with six guards, her eyes betraying her cool demeanor. 

She was ... scared. 

"Come now Princess" she gripped me hard "We need to get you out of here." 

"Why?" I asked, grabbing Grey's hand "Where are we going?" 

"The Castle's been compromised" She waved her hand before shoving me, Grey, and Dahl through a door that magically appeared in our room "It's not safe for us anymore."  

"What does that mean?" 

"It means..." her hands glowed before the door started closing slowly "That you'll be going on that trip earlier than we anticipated." 

With that, the door closed and a bright light flashed, transporting us to a different world.