Chapter 33

♡ chapter 33 ♡

        There's a quiet knock at my bedroom door early that Saturday morning. It took a moment for my brain to process that I wasn't dreaming before I groaned, rubbing my eyes and tossing the covers away. Sluggishly, I walked over to the door before opening.

        Jeremy stood with a smirk on his lips and his arms folded behind his back.

        Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair before slumping against the door frame, peeking over my shoulder at the clock. The time made me groan louder. "Jeremy, it's eight in the morning on a Saturday."

        "Also, the perfect time to get to that stupid bridal shop before it's packed," he noted, walking into my room.

        I merely switched shoulders, leaning my head on the frame and closing my eyes. "But I just wanna sleep in for a little longer. Please?"

        Hearing the sound of one of my drawers opening, I was alert only to find Jeremy skimming through my clothes. He was muttering things like "too spring" or "too preppy" as he tossed clothes behind him.

        Scoffing, I snapped, "You're picking all of that up!"

        Jeremy held up a sweater and scrunched his nose. "Too winter, I mean, really?"

        I snatched it from it. "It is winter, moron."

        "Maybe in normal places," he said. "Here in Florida it's still eighty-five, so get yourself all cute-looking so we can get this over with."

        Slapping a hand to my forehead, he pat my on the shoulder before stalking out of the room, closing the door behind him. Glancing at the closed door, I smiled a little to myself before scurrying quietly back over to my bed, climbing under the covers and pulling them over my head.

        I was just getting comfortable when Jeremy snatched the covers down. "Nice try, Walker. Don't make me get a glass of ice water."

        That was enough for me to rummage for an outfit before scampering to the shower.

***

        "Not that I don't enjoy your sadistic company," I said while scanning the racks, "but why were you even at my house so early?"

        Jeremy made a face, scratching the back of his neck. "Dad stayed the night. Made me stay the night in the guest room. Said it would help us 'adapt to our new family' and there I was."

        It was my turn to crinkle my nose. "They're taking this really seriously, huh?"

        "Eh, I'm just glad you're not a total loser of a sister."

        I gave him a look and he smiled before looking to his phone. I peeked over his shoulder to see it was a text from my mom, telling him that the wedding was being held at a beach house and that the bridesmaid were asked to where a baby blue color. I smiled a little to myself, blue being my favorite color. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

        So I fished around for dress after dress while Jeremy continued to ask questions. "I thought Harry was going to come so I didn't have to be the only guy in a dress store."

        "He had some..." I frowned. "Family stuff going on."

        Fiona had told him that since he had me over without her "permission," he was technically on some sort of probation where he couldn't leave the house for a few days or so. He explained it all, but it was so stupid it was hard to remember.