Kryptonite | j.jh

"What are you stressing about, (y/n)?"

"Deadlines!" You panted out, exasperated as ever as you swung in your swivel chair.

"What is it about?" Your best friend leaned on the desk where all the papers were and you were frantically sorting it out in its drawers.

"The superhero." You loudly sighed, coming to a stop with your actions. "Jaehyun, this is absolutely ridiculous, you know?"

Jaehyun shot his brows up at your comment.
"Really? What made you think so?"

"He's not true! People claim there's this man who goes around city and save people with his strength and flying abilities—"

"Why? Don't you believe that?" He interrupted, more grimly.

"Ugh, well tonight, I'll be going to the label and submit nothing since the 'superman' they're talking about isn't showing up to me for some apparent reason. That is, if this city really has one."

You started grumbling and flailing your hands over the scattered paper. Jaehyun stared at you for awhile before helping you sort out the papers.

"Being a reporter isn't fun?" He asked.
"It's fun when you're the one behind the camera, Jaehyun. It gives me strength." You got the papers out of Jaehyun's hands and seep them inside the drawers.

"How about dinner?"
"Can't. I'm going to the label right?"

He nodded his head as you both locked each other's gazes after the long comfortable silence.

"I love your hands." You blurted out blatantly.

You watched as red crept in his ears, turning him into a blushing mess.

"I- yeah. Thanks." He rubbed his ears shyly.
"Oh wait, I better get going!" You stood up and got your bag.

"I'll be back like an hour. Try not to burn the whole place." You pat his silky hair and was about to walk further, but then he caught your wrist and pulled you towards him.

Jaehyun made you stood between his thighs, looking up at you with somber eyes.

"Anything wrong?"

You resist the urge to run your fingers through his hair by placing your arms firmly beside you.

He only hummed and casually brought your waist near his arms, hugging it tightly.

"Jung Jaehyun you're scaring me. Am I gonna die?" You teased, keeping your arms to yourself.

When you got no answer, you looked down and saw the top of his head as he nuzzled his nose deeper on your blouse.

"Jaehyun?" You mumbled.

"Oh!" As if he snapped back from his trance, he quickly detached himself from you.

"Sorry." Coughing his dry throat awkwardly, he averted his gaze from you.

"Yeah, I'll get going." You took a last glance before going out.

As the door closed, Jaehyun was greeted by the eeriness of the silence around him. He groaned and tossed his head back.

"You're such an idiot, Jung Jaehyun!"

"Good evening, Ms. (y/n)." The workers around the first floor greeted the moment you entered.

You tried to smile but as always, they avoid your eyes as soon as possible and carried on to their work.

"Am I that intimidating?" You muttered to yourself, sliding in the elevator.