Me After You | p.js

"(Y/N), do you want me to draw you a bath?"

You flicked away from your book to Jisung who was peeping his head out of the bathroom.

"I just took a bath, bro." You laughed, flipping the next page over for you to read.
Jisung's gaze fell down the floor as he closed the door after him and just used the water he drew to wash his hair.

It started to rain outside the dorm, making your eyes widen. You look outside the window beside your bed and eyed the falling droplets of water.

Jisung came out of the bathroom shortly with a towel in hand as he tiredly dried his hair with it.
"It's raining," He whispered more than to himself.

"Yeah." You simply replied.
Your fingers started to tremble as you close the book and laid it on your bedside table.
Jisung slyly watched you, observing every reaction you have on the rain.

"Goodnight, Jisung." You said, plopping down on your pillow and covering your whole figure with your blanket.

Jisung is your dorm mate since your name was unisex. And ever since then, Jisung became your college best friend and he knows all too well that you basically sleep at 3 am, so you sleeping at 11 pm right now was very unusual.

"Okay," He said, turning off the lights as you slightly flinched.

Jisung made his way to the other side of the bedroom. Laying down on his own bed after returning his towel.

The rain heavily tapped on the windows making Jisung fall asleep quickly.
You tried to shut your eyes, but it won't.
Not until the rain stops.

A thunder rambled in your ears making you shriek. You quickly placed a hand over your mouth, afraid you'll wake your best friend up.
A tear slipped your eye as your other hand grasp the blanket over your head.

You felt your bed sink causing you to peel off the blanket off your body.
You saw Jisung's face, shifting his head in a comfortable position as he laid flat beside you.

"Jisung? Why are you-"
Another thunder slapped the rain as you stiffened in your place.

Jisung opened an eye out and saw you shivering. The space between you stayed as Jisung didn't want to invade your privacy further, but instead, he took your hand and rubbed it with small circles using his thumb.

"Don't be scared, I'm here."
His soft voice calmed you down as he started humming, soothing your stress away.

You've been afraid of the thunder ever since you were a child, and Jisung saw right through you without you even saying anything.

"I'll stay with you until you fall asleep, Don't worry."
And with those words, you started to drift to sleep from the way his warm hand intertwined with yours and his beautiful humming dancing in your ears gently.

He placed your entwined fingers on his toned torso, causing a tired chuckle to escape your lips as you felt his abs.

"Why are you always good to me?"
Your words were slurry before falling into a deep slumber, but Jisung heard it perfectly.

He looked at your sleeping face, your lashes and down to your lips.
"That's what best friends do."

When you didn't reply, Jisung dragged the blanket over you to keep you warm. He turned his head to see a perfect view of your face, a smile creeping up his lips.

Your lips were slightly parted and your cheeks tainted with red as it squished on the pillow.

The words he uttered earlier going into a fade when he felt his heart lurch.
This feeling...he hated it.

He hated it because it only emphasizes the big unrequited love he feels for you.

His heart pounded profusely as he cautiously brought your entwined fingers on his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of your hand before looking at your face with a broken smile.

"It's because I love you (y/n), you idiot."

The words he uttered very carefully before drifting to sleep with you. A small tear cascading down his cheek as he closed his eyes.

Minutes passed by as the rain continued to dawn the city. The rain was the only noise in the room as it fell very silent.

You discreetly fluttered your eyes open when you heard him gently breathing through his nose. You stared at his face as you processed everything he said.

Because you heard everything perfectly.

~*~*~*~

yes, i just did that