"No further questions."

I stepped down and went back to my seat next to Emma. She hugged me. "You did great up there," she whispered.

"Thank you," I whispered back.

"The prosecution now calls Mr. Jevan Hollen to the stand," Olivia, the prosecution attorney said.

I watched as Jevan walked forward, took the oath and sat down. Olivia stepped forward to question him.

"Mr. Hollen, how are your injuries?"

"Healed and I'm doing so much better," my husband answered.

"That's great to hear. What's not great to hear was how you came by those gunshots wounds in the first place. Two to be exact. Can you explained what happened leading up to you being shot in your own house?"

"I remember it as yesterday. It was the day the state had to be evacuated due to the wild fire. My wife, children and I were returning from our honeymoon in The Maldives. Arriving back to LA, I thought it was best for my family to leave to New York with my mom and dad while I went back to my office to grab my belongings there and then going home for a few belongings I didn't want perish incase the house caught ablaze.

While getting the belongings at my house, Hunter showed up. We exchanged words before getting into a fist fight. He was down and I turned to walk out the door. That's when he drew his weapon and shot me in the back. I fell. He walked towards me and shot again, right in the chest."

"That's terrifying. What happened afterwards?"

"I woke up in the hospital three days later. I was told by the doctors and nurses that I slipped away and came back. And that my parents were told I was deceased and they came as soon as they could have."

"Jevan, what do you think made Hunter came after you that night?"

"I think he was still holding onto Blossom and he believed if I wasn't in the way, he would have her back."

Olivia displayed the gun used to shoot Jevan and the bullets retrieved in him by the doctors.

"Thank you Jevan," Olivia said, "Your witness," she finished. The defendant's  attorney stood.

"Jevan Hollen. On the night of the shooting, you explained Hunter and yourself were in a fist fight and that he was laying on the ground before you turning your back. Right?"

"Right."

"Wouldn't you do such in a self-defense situation?"

"No," Jevan answered.

"Of course you would say no."

"Hunter had no right on my premises or in my home. He came there to attack me. Whether we had fight or not, he would have shot me!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!"

"Why take a gun to someone's house if you have no intention of hurting them?"

"For protection. This is California. Lots of people travel with guns."

"Not to go to others homes and shoot them after losing to a fist fight."

"The way I see it, you caused this confrontation. Hunter had no right at your home, I'll give you that. But he came there to talk to you man to man. You became violent. Beat him down and turned your back on him to get a weapon. Hunter reacted first and shot you."

"I didn't reach for a gun. I was walking out the door."

"But you do own a gun, don't you?"

I looked on. I had never seen Jevan with a gun or saw a gun around the house.