When The Moms Meet

*Dedicated to everyone reading Freak Shake*

Jevan's POV

I stormed through my bedroom and threw myself face down on the bed. Exhaling a loud sigh, I thought about Blossom and how she must be feeling right now all because of me.

A single tear fell but was instantly soaked up by the bed sheets.

A knock came on the bedroom door. I quickly looked up and saw my mother standing there with a concern look on her beautiful face.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" she asked, coming closer to me and sitting beside me on the bed.

I sat up and nodded.

"You weren't here last night. Your father and I were worried. Where were you?"

"I was out with Blossom. I took her shopping and then we went to one of aunt Emily's hotel. I should have called or text you. Time just caught up to us and we woke up this morning."

"Sounds entertaining. But why are you sad now?"

There was no hiding the sadness from my expression.

"It's Blossom's mom. I got Blossom in trouble by staying out all night and now her mother doesn't want me to be with her.

She thinks I've contaminated her daughter and that I'm responsible for Blossom's now rebel behaviour," I explained.

"Well, are you?"

"Maybe I am. But all I want is for Blossom to stand up for herself, mom. She's so kind and sweet. I don't want people to take advantage of her."

My mother nodded as she listened to everything I had to say.

"And I took her shopping. I couldn't even give her her stuff," I added.

"Okay. Maybe I can pay her mom a visit and try to resolve this. I can tell you care about Blossom. I can take the stuff with me. Write down her address on a piece of paper. I'm going to get ready."

"You'll really do this for me, mom?" I was gleaming.

"Of course. I'll do anything for you, sweetie. But it's still Blossom's mom who'll have the final say." With that, my mother left my bedroom.

I scribbled Blossom's address on a piece of paper and dropped it off to my parents bedroom where I know my mother would find it easily.

_______

After one hour, she was dressed and ready to leave. I walked her out the door and watched as she took the shopping bags out my car and put them into hers before she got behind the steering wheel and drove out the gate.

"Good luck mom. You'll need it."

___________________

Blossom's POV

"I swear, if you keep giving me your attitude, you'll be grounded for life!" my mother yelled back.

She and I were still going at it but then I realised I was only making matters worse for Jevan and I. My mother was already blaming him for my stubbornness and attitude, but yet here I was, talking back rudely to her.

Without another response from me, I flopped down on my bed and thought about Jevan.

Did he get in trouble with his parents too?

Is he thinking about me right now?

My eyes fell on the book my father gave me. I flipped through the pages and read silently to myself. Reading calmed me and it was a way of escaping reality. And right now, I needed the escape.