You Got That Right

Dedicated to Angel_lovely15
*Thanks for reading and commenting thus far*

Jevan's POV

I sat across from the headmistress with two police officers on my right. She heaved an exhausting sigh as if she was lacking sleep for days.

"Jevan. This is serious. There are children saying that there was a confrontation between you and Brooke yesterday and that you put your hands on her in the parking lot."

"Mrs. Tisdale, Brooke is crazy."

"Did you or did you not put your hands on her?" an officer cut in.

"Yes! But not in an abusive form whatsoever. She jumped onto my car and I removed her from it. Simple!" I was getting frustrated already.

"How did you remove her? Was it more like a grab or a shove?" the other officer asked.

"I gently removed her," I answered.

"Oh come on. Someone is on your car.. Being gentle would be the last thing on your mind. What kind of car do you you drive?" the first officer asked again.

"Look, can I call my dad?" I directed to Mrs. Tisdale.

"Who's your father?" The cop asked again.

"His father is Evan Hollen," Mrs. Tisdale answered.

"Evan Hollen? So you're Jevan Hollen?" they asked in unison as their heads darted in my direction.

"Yes," I answered.

"Oh. Well.. I'm sure this was all a misunderstanding and I do believe you, Mr. Hollen. You see, we just have to ask these questions because it's protocol. I'm sure you can understand that we're just officers of the law doing our jobs. We meant to no harm."

"Yes, we meant no harm. And someone had captured the scene on their cellphone. We saw the whole thing. We were just trying to match your side of the story. We apologise for any discomfort and for making you miss your classes. You're free to leave young man."

Mrs. Tisdale had the 'I cannot believe you, officers, trying to interrogate an innocent student' look on her face.

I peeled myself off the chair and walked out of the principal's office. The halls were emptied as I made my way to my class, thinking why would Brooke go to such a measure to destroy my name and reputation before my very own eyes and the others around me.

Didn't she think about my family? My mom, my dad, my brother and my sister?
Just by hearing that their son and big brother was arrested would devastate them.

And I can't believe those silly cops were stretching this out and making it into something it wasn't in the first place. For Christ sake, they already had the proof - the video. So why?
Were they in Brooke's parents pockets?

Well too bad. My father's name is worth more than Brooke's parents life savings combined. They must not know that.

_______________________

Blossom's POV

I couldn't concentrate in my classes. The teachers had ushered us from the halls this morning since everyone wanted to know what was happening to Jevan.

And the fact that I wasn't call to tell what actually happened, was making me restless. I had no idea if they arrested my boyfriend or if he would be expelled from the school.

______

As the bell rang, ending the day, I recalled I had cheer practice in the gymnasium. I didn't change into my cheer uniform because I wasn't in the mood to even do so.