21 | the sword and the spirit

Start from the beginning

"By order of the Sheriff, a countywide curfew goes into effect tonight at sundown. All after school activities are cancelled until further notice. Students should go directly home at the end of the school day." A voice announces on the school speaker.

The couple exchange glances before speeding up their walking through the hallways. The brunette swallows a nervous lump in her throat at the sight of the amount of deputies and weapons in the area. She decides not to glance around too much, not wanting to lock eyes with a random student and having to share that awkward but knowing eye-contact.

The two find themselves turning a corner where they spot Scott and Stiles standing in front of one of the deputies, almost in a confronting way by the looks of how the sarcastic senior is talking to him. Obviously, Indiana makes her way over to her brothers and accidentally dragging Liam over too since their hands are intertwined.

"You don't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a high school?" Stiles questions.

"Your dad's the one that issued us these things, but he wouldn't officially say why." Deputy Strauss, replies.

"Well, did he say anything unofficially?" Indiana asks.

"Aren't you a little young to ask me that?" Strauss questions.

"Oh, god." The two seniors mutter in unison, one adding a sigh on the end.

"Excuse me, I'll have you know that I'm a sophomore. And despite being a sophomore, I've been around the law enforcement for quite a long time seeing as my stupid dad is Agent McCall and I grew up with Sheriff Stilinski as my father figure." Indiana explains.

"Indi." Liam whispers, squeezing her hand slightly to calm down as he turns to the deputy. "Just answer her question."

"No, he hasn't." Strauss replies.

"See, what a simple response that you could've replied with rather than—" Indiana begins.

"Indi!" Scott hisses, interrupting her before she can start ranting due to a slight build up of emotions recently.

"Everyone's got a theory through." Strauss continues.

"What's yours?" Stiles asks.

"I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have a class to get to?" Strauss states, avoiding looking at the young girl in case she decides to start going off again.

"Come on, Strauss. What's your theory?" Stiles pushes.

Strauss hesitates, glancing around at the others before taking a small step forwards. "Do you guys believe in the supernatural?"

The four of them just stare at him before exchanging glances at one another, all having the same facial expression written across their faces. Strauss just stares at them, waiting for a response from either one of them to which Indiana is the one to react with a snort exiting her mouth. This receives a look with furrowed brows her way.

"You mean you think a ghost caused all this?" Indiana questions, trying to push his thought away to avoid suspicion.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Indiana roams then school hallways, specifically the one by the boys locker room as she waits for Liam to exit. He just had lacrosse practice so he's getting changed out of that uniform. However, something grabs Indi attention; Malia striding towards her. Just as she steps in front of the young McCall girl, Liam opens the door and pauses at the sight of the senior.