Ch 28: The Weeping Witch

~Moments before the Explosion and Laxus and Chiyo Love Scene~

"Business? With me?" Lucy asked, not excepting to be here seated in front of a Sabertooth member, especially one that was a celestial wizard like herself.

"What is Saber trying to pull?" Natsu grumbles, besides Wendy as they stood behind Lucy's chair in case Yukino tried anything despite just calmly sitting there.

"Natsu why don't we at least hear what she has to say?" Wendy being adorable little sister of reason suggested. "They can't all be bad. Chiyo is nice." She pointed, out making Natsu's hostile mood lower a level.

"This may be a bold request but," Yukino started, pulling her keys out and placing them on the table. "I would like you to take these two Lucy."

"That's- No I can't!"

"When I saw you on the first day, I decided that after the games had ended I would give you them." Yukino confessed, confusing the Fairy even more.

"The games haven't ended though."

"But mine have." She said sadly, "Minerva will most like be taking my place, meaning the strongest 6 of Sabertooth will be gathered."

"So then.." Lucy trailed, "You were never a part of them?"

"I was only allowed to enter thanks to Chiyo-sen-" Yukino paused herself, "Chiyo, I mean." She quickly corrected. The three noted how much sadded her feature grew at the mention of the ginger that they had a questioning relationship with. "Ever then I was merely a substitute for Minerva, who was in the middle of a mission."

"But why give your keys to Lucy? Aren't they precious to you?" Wendy asked, feeling worried for how the once enemy girl was struggling with her emotion, aside from how calm she was being.

"It's because they're precious to me that I feel these celestial spirits will be happier if entrusted to Lucy, far more an outstanding celestial spirit mage than I, despite what Chiyo says." The Natsu, Happy, and Lucy sweatdrop at this remembering Chiyo's immediate distaste for Lucy the first time they met, so of course she wouldn't admit to her being a good mage.

Lucy still shook her head at Yukino's offer, "That's quite the request but-"

"You've already gathered 10 of the 12 golden keys of the zodiac and with these two the 12 keys will be complete." Yukino interrupts, "The gateway that changes the world will open." And like that an ominous atmosphere was case over them in the room.

"The gateway that changes the world?" Lucy repeated, wondering if this had anything to do with the dream Carla was telling them about.

"It's just an old legend and I don't really understand the meaning of it either." Yukino shrugged it off like it was nothing before continuing in her persuading. "Lucy, since you are the one that loves and is loved by these spirits you should be the one to carry all 12 keys, so please."

"I can't accept them." The blonde softly declined, "After all celestial spirit magic is a magic of bonds and trust. There's no way that owners can just switch so easily."

"I figured you would say that." Yukino sighed, giving her a light smile "When it is time though all 12 keys will naturally reunite, until then goodbye." She then grabbed her suitcase and walked out of the fairy's suite. She didn't get far, when she heard footsteps racing towards from behind.

"O-I Wait Up!" Natsu hollered, with his blue feline in flight beside him.

"Natsu..Happy.." She said, surprised by their sudden appearance.

"Sorry but I just realized that you're not that bad of a person." Natsu awkwardly chuckles, standing in front of her.

"See Natsu made up his mind that you were an awful person because you were in Sabertooth." Happy explained seeing Yukino's tilted head in confusion. "But after what just happened and remembering all the kind things Chiyo did for us, he came to apologize for thinking that way."