Ch 7: Raining Cute Cats

3rd/Narrator POV

Young Chiyo sat on a grassy hill overlooking the Harbor, watching as the ships sailing to and away. It had been close to 2 years since she found out about Laxus's disappearance yet Chiyo still came to the docks every day, praying to see him again.

However, she knew as she curled her knees into her chest and thought about how impossible it would be for someone to come back from the dead (A/N: not if you are a Winchester or Goku), especially with her luck.

"No." She shook away the negative voices, "I can't stop believing in him." She forced a grin on her lips, despite the tears that slide down her soft cheeks. "I can't give up on him."

It was then in the corner of her eye she noticed something pink rolling down the hill she sat on at a rapid pace. Chiyo would have ignored it except the pink blob was screaming for help. She acted quickly by using her Element Dragon Slayer magic to raise the ground up creating a wall to bring the pink blob to a stop before it could roll into the water.

Worried, Chiyo ran over to it and was surprised to find out the distressed blur was really a green cat, dressed in a pink, dark spotted, frog onesie.

"Are you okay?" She asked as the cat began to burst into a waterfall of tears. Chiyo panicked, looking around for something to end the small feline's cries, until she finally decided to scoop up two hands full of soil and from it a single yellow Daisy bloomed.

The cat's sobs faded as it's eyes sparkled in awe, "So pretty."

"It is, isn't." She smiled warmly at it's child-like innocence, "But are you all right? That was quite the fall you took."

"I think I'm alright." The cat said looking at itself and spun around trying to see its own backside for injures.

Chiyo giggled at the actions of the green cat, "What's your name?" She asked.

"My name is Frosch." He exuded a cheerful aura, "What's your name pretty person?"

"It' Chiyo Suzuki, nice to meet you." She held out her hand for Frosch, who shook it with tiny paws. "So, are you lost or something?"

Frosch suddenly found the floor more interesting as he answered her. "I lost my friends. We were walking in the town, then I saw a pretty butterfly. I chased Miss butterfly until I tripped and started rolling but you saved me."

"Well, if your friends are near by I can help you search for them." She offered making the kitty cat's furry face brighten.

"That's great," Frosch jumped up and down, clapping it's paws in excitement. "Maybe if we shout their names loud enough they might find us. Their names are Rogue, Sting, and Lector."

Chiyo nodded as the two started their way from the Harbor all the way to the town, yelling, "Sting!" "Rogue!!" "Lector!!!"

"ROGUE!" Frosch screamed frightening some people passing by as they gave him weird stares.

Chiyo was beginning to think this was useless and she felt bad for the adorable creature, but the heavens must have heard their pleads as a concerned voice rang from behind them.

"Frosch!"

"Rogue!" The pink, froggy cat cried running to a black-haired boy with blood red eyes. It threw itself into the boy's arms, "I'm *hic* so *hiccup* sorry!"

"Oh Frosch, you could have seriously hurt yourself." He scolded his exceed like a mother would do to her child.

With the scene in front of her, Chiyo couldn't help herself release a sweet laughter brought all the attention onto her.

"Who's she?" Asked the blonde boy in a dazed tone with a pink tinted along his cheeks. Chiyo noted that he stood between Rogue and a red cat in a blue vest.

"Oh yeah, this is my new pretty friend Chiyo." Frosch gleefully announced, skipping over to her side. "She helped me search for you guys and saved me from falling into the sea."

"Chiyo," the blue-eyed boy repeated quietly to himself making Rogue roll his eyes at his friend's love-struck behavior. Stepping forward, Rogue bowed to her. "Thank you for taking good care of him, I hope he wasn't too much trouble."

'Okay so the girlish cat is a boy.' She thought before waving her hands in front of her as she blushed in embarrassment. "He wasn't any trouble, in fact I admire Frosch's determination and will for not giving up on looking for you guys."  She praised, patting Frosch on the head. "When you lose someone you care for dearly, you need to have faith that you'll meet them again one day." Her gazed darkened, "No matter how pointless it may seem."

The boys and their exceeds exchanged worried glances at the auburn beauty's sudden shift in mood, before Rogue spoke, "It sounds like you know this from experience."

"Have you lost someone, Yo-chan?" Frosch asked innocently.

She gave them a melancholic laugh, "I've lost everyone I've truly loved, but I don't know if I'll ever see them again."

The group of friends felt sorry for the girl, who was now alone in the world, and they could relate to what she felt as both the slayers' dragon parents had left them alone in the world, but fate was kind as it let them cross paths with each other and they thought fate had done the exact same thing with the meeting of Chiyo. So, they concluded by suggesting, "Why don't you come on our journey with us?"