Ch 10: I To We

Third POV

"She's not coming." Sting pointed out with his arms crossed, tapping his foot impatiently. "The longer we wait the more time we waste getting to the Sabertooth Guild."

"You're the one who said we should wait, so I don't know why you're complaining." Rouge reminded him causing a blush to cover his cheeks.

"Hey, I'm trying to be a good person and stick around for your Exceed who is obviously the one who wants her to come with us the most." It was true the green cat did have an ever-growing attachment towards the copper haired girl.

Rogue felt a tag at his pants signaling him to look down at Frosch, who stared up at him with big innocent eyes asking, "Rogue you think Yo-chan will come don't you?"

Rogue kneeled to his level, mentally preparing for water works that would come from Frosch when hearing the sad truth. "Listen, Chiyo isn-"

"Wait I'm here!" A sweet voice called out to them from behind causing the boys to turn and see Chiyo jogging over to them with her oversized yellow backpack. "Sorry, I'm late. It's kind of hard deciding to leave your past behind for two strange boys and their talking cats." She laughed awkwardly scratching the back of her head in embarrassment.

"Yo-chan!!" Frosch cheered, running into her arms and clinging to her. "I knew you would come."

"Of course, especially if it means spending time with a cute kitty like you." She pecked his furry forehead causing a certain blonde to grow jealous, wishing he was in the cat's place.

"Hey what about me." Cried Lector jumping up and down for Chiyo's attention, "I can be cute too!" This adorable act prompted Chiyo to squeal internally, collecting the red cat into her chest. She now had a kitten in each arm as they nuzzled against her, but you could practically see the steam blowing from Sting's ears, even Rogue had to admit he was a little envious of the felines.

"Okay this is super unfair. Why are they getting all your love when Rogue and I are the ones who invited you to come along in the first place."

She rose a brow at his bratty behavior before smirking teasingly. "You are so right. Where are my manners." She walked up to Rogue giving a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, Rogue."

All the boy could do was shyly nodded back trying to hide his pink cheeks, while Sting growled growing more frustrated by everyone receiving love but him. "This is unfair! I am the one who told them all to wait for you because I had faith that you'd come and where did it get me?" He threw his arms up dramatically. "Loveless! Everyone gets your love but me. It is bullshit!" Due to his ranting, he failed to notice Chiyo coming over to him until a soft pair of lips pecked the tip of his nose, making him shut up mid-complaint.

"Thank you for waiting for me, Sting." She expressed tenderly. Sting's heart fluttering at the site of her pureness. "Now, let us head off on our adventure." She announced strolling into a random direction then stopped abruptly turning back around, laughing nervously, "Where are we going exactly?"

The dragon boys both anime fell before facepalming themselves, "She joined us not even knowing what our journey was for."

Sting shook his blonde head, 'She's lucky she's adorable because she does not think things through until later.'

"We're on our way to find the Sabertooth Guild. They only except the strongest and since it is still a long distance from here, we can train each other along the road." Rogue explained. 

"We were going to join the Fairy Tail Guild but there's no point now that their coolest members are gone for good." Sting's words hit Chiyo's heart, reminding her of Laxus.

Even though she was trying to leave her past behind, she still needed time to do so and an hour just wasn't enough time.

Frosch noticed the darkness filling her eyes as he asked her with a frown, "Why are you sad?"

Everyone's attention was on Chiyo, who blinked her tears away. She then pastes a fake happy face on, "I'm not sad, I was just remembering something, I'm fine really." She tried reassuring them, but her act wasn't convincing them in the slightest. They thought back to when their first encounter and linked it to the topic of their conservation.

"The person you were waiting for was a part of the Fairy Tail group that went missing." Rogue stated putting the pieces together.

"Yes, he used to be until he got kicked out for doing something bad. He found me after that and became my teacher for the next few years. He went to the island to pay his respects to prove he had learned his lesson." She bit her lip before continuing. "He promised he'd be back, but he never did."

They all stood in silence after hearing her story. Rogue and Sting empathized with her as they too experienced those closest to them disappear from their life. Sting felt regret stirring within him for causing the angelic girl's depressing mood.

"I'm sorry if I made you sad with what I said earlier." He awkwardly but sincerely apologized. "I didn't mean to-"

"It's not your fault." She interrupted him. "Besides I'm moving on with my life to start a new that involves you guys, so I am really thankful towards you for letting me be a part of your team."

And there it was again a genuine smile that was so contagious that everyone to grow ones of their own.

"You mean OUR team." Lector corrected climbing upon her shoulder, while Frosch hopped onto her head cheering, "Yup the prettiest of our team."

"And don't worry Chi-chan, we'll never leave your side, so you better get use to us because you're stuck with us now." Sting grinned full-heartedly as Rogue's features softened for her, "You're our friend Chiyo and friend don't leave each other behind."

The tears of pure joy began to flow uncontrollably down her cheeks as she flung herself at the twin dragon slayers, wrapping her arms tightly around them for a group hug. It had been a long time since she cried blissful tears, and she thanked the powers of the beyond for meeting these two strange boys and their furry felines. They too were grateful to the gods for bringing them to her as they held her in the same tightness, refusing to let her go.