Chapter - Six

He replaced the simple smile on his face into a evil one, and walk back inside the house where nikita and meenakshi both were making anjana uncomfortable with their nonsense questions.

"We have one condition. pooja won't do any bussiness or job after marriage." arun, his father declared in stern voice and watched their bemused expression.

"But what problem do you have with her work?" anjana asked politely.

"But why do she want to work when my son aakash could earn on himself. she will be the daughter in law of rajvansh family. and in our house working after marriage is strictly not allowed." meenakshi spoke with a anger look and vinod helplessly looked his wife, who was feeling that this proposal isn't appropriate for their daughter.

"What if she wanted to work after marriage?" anjana again questioned and felt the anger rising up on their faces.

"Then we're going, because aakash and us will never let her do work post marriage. if she is interested in doing job then you should search any NRI groom for her. maybe they will not have any objection from her work." meenakshi cleared everything with a forced smile, and it was the time when anjana lost her every temper.

How could they be so rude?. just because they're from groom side will they try to pressurize them for everything.

She was going to reject, but aakash interrupted with a smirk - "i am ready for this marriage mom."

Anjana and vinod glanced their daughter pooja who is avoiding to look any of them. being a mother of her anjana could sense the reluctance on her face, she is not looking smiling and happy at all.

"What is your answer beta?" they asked in uneasy tone and pooja side glanced to aakash. who is threatning her by pulling out his phone from the pocket.

"My answer is yes." she utter plainly. and anjana blink harder to get assure that she isn't day dreaming.

"Are you sure?" she asked with a hint of fear and pooja nervously nodded her head.

Aakash slightly pulled her closer to him and cover up her head with the pallu which she slipped down inside her room. She looked him in malice and he give a triumphant smile in response.

"Congratulations sweetheart. soon you're going to be mine." he whispered huskily and tried to kiss her soft earlobe, but she promptly pulled back herself and glared him.

He chuckled and decided to get his first kiss on their engagement.

"So on sunday we should keep their engagement and wedding will be held after one month." arun spoke in formal tone, and pooja literally chocked.

Sunday? this is too early, she need time to prepare herself mentally and physically both. but looks like this family doesn't understand
in asking permission of her parents.

Ahana give a "expected" look to her elder sister who is now feeling like to mourn on her fate. If she would haven't said all those shity things to aakash then he would've not blackmailed her.

"Sunday is day after tomorrow, how we will arrange everything in so less time?" anjana spoke as an afterthought. getting a careless look from arun and meenakshi both.

"So what? we're going to keep the engagement so it will be our look out how to arrange everything within one day. why are you stressing too much. you just had to do some shopping of clothes and gifts that's it." meenakshi replied simply and anjana become quiet.

"What about dowry?" vinod ask with a tensed look, hoping that they won't be expecting any kind of dowry from their side.

"We don't need dowry, your daughter is enough for us." arun said finally with a smile and vinod signed in relief.