"Can't you cancel on her," She sends me a glare before turning back to her boyfriend and smiling sweetly, patting his stomach. "You'll have more fun with me."

I hold back a gag and grimace. "You know what it's fine, I'll just start doing the assignment by myself seeing as you're clearly very busy-" I pause and eye Ivy who looks down at me like I'm gum at the bottom of her shoe. "Doing her."

I saunter away before either of them can reply and go back to my own house. I place the books down on the front porch as I ruffle through my bag in attempts to find my key. When I can't find it I suddenly remember that I had left it on my bedside table this morning and groan aloud. Of course the day I leave my key at home is the day my mom is at work and my grandma and Sofia are out doing God knows what.

I go around the back to see if the backdoor to the garden is unlocked but alas, that is locked too. I walk back round to the front and chuck my backpack beside the books on the porch and sit back dramatically on the porch swing and whip out my phone. At least the wifi works out here so I plug my airpods into my ears and begin to catch up on the next couple of episodes of the newest show that I'm watching.

A couple of hours go by and I'm still sitting out here on the porch. It's much later and it's nearing sunset so I curl up on the chair and watch the sun go down as my slowed and reverb playlist blasts in my ear.

I had eaten lunch at school today so I'm not particularly hungry. I've been doing significantly better over the last couple of weeks and with the support of Mia and Grace, I'm able to eat more regular, frequent meals without hating myself after. I smile at the thought, feeling proud of myself and sigh contently, continuing to watch as the sun disappears over the horizon for the evening.

A golden shadow casts over our street and different shades of pinks, oranges and even purples submerge together in the sky, taking my breath away. Sunset is by far my most favourite time of the day and I continue to awe at the gorgeous view. My entire focus is directed at the beautiful display infront of me that I don't even notice the presence of someone standing beside me until they tap my shoulder.

I jump up in shock to see Lucas and pause my music and quirk an eyebrow as he begins to speak.

"I've been calling your name for ages," he tells me with a dimply smile and I frown.

"You have?"

He nods and leans against the wall. "Yeah but you were too busy staring at the sky you didn't notice."

"Oh." I tuck my phone into the back pocket of my jeans just as he cocks his head to the side.

"What are you doing out here?"

I sigh and sit back down on the porch chair, it rocks back and forth at the sudden pressure. "Nobody is home and I left my key inside."

"Oh okay." His gaze drifts off into the sunset in front of us and I watch as his mouth slightly parts open in awe of the view. He's changed clothes and is no longer wearing sweatpants nor is he sweaty. Instead he's wearing a grey hoodie and black sweat shorts and his hair is wet from what I presume is showering.

I clear my throat. "So where's your girlfriend?"

Lucas snaps his gaze back to me and begins to shuffle on the spot awkwardly.
"She went home about 10 minutes ago and when I was dropping her off to the car I saw you sitting out here in a daze."

"Oh."

He gestures towards his house. "So um so do you wanna come inside."

"Er, I don't think your girlfriend would appreciate that."